What was Jerry Jones thinking...

adallastiger

Reaction score
Has Marion Barber not proved his toughness? Even if Jerry, wrongly, thinks that he could have played, what in the world is accomplished by saying something along those lines in public.

Jerry just has to shut up sometimes.

I think if he could have played he would have. Besides, they don't lose a lot with Tashard Choice..

By the way, for those of you that watched the game last nite, my first post two days ago said..."big mistake to pass on DeAngelo Williams"

Hope the idiots in the scouting department saw the game.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
adallastiger;2476288 said:
Has Marion Barber not proved his toughness? Even if Jerry, wrongly, thinks that he could have played, what in the world is accomplished by saying something along those lines in public.

Jerry just has to shut up sometimes.

I think if he could have played he would have. Besides, they don't lose a lot with Tashard Choice..

By the way, for those of you that watched the game last nite, my first post two days ago said..."big mistake to pass on DeAngelo Williams"

Hope the idiots in the scouting department saw the game.....

Williams is a very good player so is Felix Jones those idiots made a good move in getting Felix.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
adallastiger;2476288 said:
Even if Jerry, wrongly, thinks that he could have played, what in the world is accomplished by saying something along those lines in public.

Maybe he was drunk.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Alexander;2476299 said:
:laugh2:

Good one.

He should avoid speaking when schnookered.

Another time Jerry was running his mouth while drunk, the Cowboys ended up with Barry Switzer replacing Jimmy Johnson.

Let's just hope he didn't say, "There are 500 running backs who could gain 1,500 yards on this team," and we end up with Troy Hambrick getting his early release from prison so he can replace Barber.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Pathetic...

Jerry did nothing other than leaving the door open for mediots to spin this nothing into something and yet guys lap it up...

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The words "Jerry Jones" and "thinking" should never be used in the same sentence.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
What's funny is posters who get distracted by this media driven nonsense thinking it affects the team just because it bothers them at home...

:lmao2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doesnt suprise me one bit.

the man bends over backwards to accomodate guys like pacman jones and owens and then throws one of the best guys on the team under the bus.

The real kicker to me is that, barber never ever talks to the media. Good or bad. Yet somehow this buffoon that runs the team publicly calls him out.

its too bad, you can win a championship with guys like barber and you publicly insult him, yet those two other imbeciles on this team will never win a championship for as long as they play and they are two of the most coddled and carefully talked about people you will ever find.

thats jerry though. And dont think he wont sweet talk his way out of it claiming he never said anything of the sort.

If I am in this locker room and I am in the position of canty and spears where they will have the chance to leave in the near future, I would be out of there faster than the roadrunner.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
theebs;2476351 said:
the man bends over backwards to accomodate guys like pacman jones and owens and then throws one of the best guys on the team under the bus.

Good point.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Not to take up for Jerry, because it was beyond stupid to call out MB3, but I've got to believe it's frustration and somewhat desperation.

Jerry is DESPERATE for this team to get into the playoffs. He is sitting on a billion $$ stadium in the worst economic times of the past 70 years and it's predicted to get worse next year. His team MUST be a winner for him to sell the tickets and licenses and sponsorships needed to pay for this monstrosity that is the Dallas Cowboys. His entire fortune is on the line.

He has been quiet since the loss. If Wade doesn't get us in the playoffs, heads will roll.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2476367 said:
Not to take up for Jerry, because it was beyond stupid to call out MB3, but I've got to believe it's frustration and somewhat desperation.

Jerry is DESPERATE for this team to get into the playoffs. He is sitting on a billion $$ stadium in the worst economic times of the past 70 years and it's predicted to get worse next year. His team MUST be a winner for him to sell the tickets and licenses and sponsorships needed to pay for this monstrosity that is the Dallas Cowboys. His entire fortune is on the line.

He has been quiet since the loss. If Wade doesn't get us in the playoffs, heads will roll.

that is part of jerry's problem. He has a good team and it was really being built properly. Then he went crazy after we missed the playoffs in 05 and decided to step in and force the issue. To be a good organization you need patience and continuity. Jerry believes in neither.