What was NFL Network Thinking?

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Starting to buy into this anti-Cowboys conspiracy.

You have two games starting at 10:00pm est.

G.B at S.D. and Dallas at Seattle.

Now I think it's safe to say that about 98% of the fans interested in G.B./S.D. ACTUALLY LIVE IN THOSE MARKETS AND VIEWED THE GAME ON THEIR LOCAL AFFILIATES. They were not watching NFL Network!

Dallas/Seattle on the other hand, had SIGNIFICANTLY more interested fans outside of the home markets who tuned in to NFL Network to catch some coverage.

So tell me. Why did the piece of NFL Network lead with and give the majority of its coverage time to GB/SD.

I defy anyone to expalin to me, How could this possibly make good business
sense! What really me off is that the GB/SD GAME WAS SCHEDULED TO BE REPLAYED AT 1:00AM LAST NIGHT. I know if I was a GB fan living in South Jersey, I would have just planned to watch the whole game at 1:00am.

I know I'll see the game tonight and it's not the end of the world.
It's just the stupid petty , that we Cowboy fans seem to always have to deal with.
I just want to know who and why that decision was made!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
sonnyboy said:
Starting to buy into this anti-Cowboys conspiracy.

You have two games starting at 10:00pm est.

G.B at S.D. and Dallas at Seattle.

Now I think it's safe to say that about 98% of the fans interested in G.B./S.D. ACTUALLY LIVE IN THOSE MARKETS AND VIEWED THE GAME ON THEIR LOCAL AFFILIATES. They were not watching NFL Network!

Dallas/Seattle on the other hand, had SIGNIFICANTLY more interested fans outside of the home markets who tuned in to NFL Network to catch some coverage.

So tell me. Why did the piece of NFL Network lead with and give the majority of its coverage time to GB/SD.

I defy anyone to expalin to me, How could this possibly make good business
sense! What really me off is that the GB/SD GAME WAS SCHEDULED TO BE REPLAYED AT 1:00AM LAST NIGHT. I know if I was a GB fan living in South Jersey, I would have just planned to watch the whole game at 1:00am.

I know I'll see the game tonight and it's not the end of the world.
It's just the stupid petty , that we Cowboy fans seem to always have to deal with.
I just want to know who and why that decision was made!

The coverage was absolutely demented. And looking back at it, it appeared very biased.

The GB/SD game was even shown when they were having a bloody reviewed call.

Meanwhile, the Dallas game is at halftime already and they decided to show five seconds with Romo calling a timeout before the Vanderjagt FG. It was awful coverage.

keds

Reaction score
Last time I will watch no-huddle on NFL network ever...

I was so pissed when they did highlights of the early games while the two late games were still in the 2nd quarter of action. Why not wait until halftime to do that and show us as much live late game action as possible.

They were also taping a lot of game analysis by Eisen and Davis and replaying it over and over.

They were also staying with games during injuries and ref call challenges...

Just a poor job overall of live game coverage.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
The odd thing is the Dallas Cowboys are a ratings magnet it would be assanine of the network to ignore them. Ratings = $$$

I don't understand, but they are replaying it today.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
I threw my remote at the televeision after I saw the Vince Young injury for the 1000th time. I kid you not, they must have replayed that injury at least 50 times in a 30 min time span. Then they have the balls to go to the Reggie Bush press conference while my team is playing live. Unreal. :banghead:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Maybe it was an anti-Seahawk bias...and we're just victims.

:D

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Happy to see I'm not crazy after all. Now let's be productive and get something done. Here's the NFL network's email fanfeedback@nfl.com.

What do you say we get on these MORONS and explain to them who their market is and who they need to start catering to!

rexrobinson

Reaction score
I just sent a nasty gram to fanfeedback@nfl.com

hope they take heed, I also threw in there that I didn't pay the extra money to get the network to watch cheerleader tryouts and soap operas.

Keep the bright lights and shiny things out!

heir

Reaction score
To be honest. Blame the Brett Favre Packers and the T.O. -less Cowboys for that one. Not to mention Romo starting, not Bledsoe. I can see why the Network showed the GB game. Didn't matter to me I watched the whole game on my Satelite. You'll see a lot of that "Favre last year" crap this season so get used it it guys

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Include me in as well with sending a nasty gram to those clowns.

Extremely frustrated with the lack of coverage for the Cowboys game last night.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it had more to do with the fact that they are showing the Dallas game in primetime tonight, right before the nationally televised Skins game. I think they wanted us all watching NFL network from 5 to 8 Eastern time tonight.

1fisher

Reaction score
I got so sick of seeing GB/SD and vince young so I went to bed...

What's up with them showing highlights of other games while Dallas and Seattle were in the 2nd quarter!

Thier coverage sucked big time!

Oh, I sent them an email too..... like it will do any good.:bang2:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I was frustrated by their lack of coverage too, but Cowboys22's point crossed my mind too.

And I am glad that the rebroadcast is happening during a good time, rather than at, say, 2:00 a.m.

1fisher

Reaction score
ZeroClub said:
I was frustrated by their lack of coverage too, but Cowboys22's point crossed my mind too.

And I am glad that the rebroadcast is happening during a good time, rather than at, say, 2:00 a.m.

2 a.m. or 3 a.m. I would have stayed up to watch it!

MONT17

Reaction score
the Pack and Bolts game was on reg TV... I tink that was a "lab rat" type deal... The NfL wanted to see what type of ratings they would get if they played parts of a game they were showing on another network!

thats why the game was sheduled to repeat right after... you had no reason to watch the game that was 2 to 5 minutes behind, on NFL network unless u wanted to!!!

based on the comments I'm sure they were pleased with the results!!!

1fisher

Reaction score
MONT17 said:
the Pack and Bolts game was on reg TV... I tink that was a "lab rat" type deal... The NfL wanted to see what type of ratings they would get if they played parts of a game they were showing on another network!

thats why the game was sheduled to repeat right after... you had no reason to watch the game that was 2 to 5 minutes behind, on NFL network unless u wanted to!!!

based on the comments I'm sure they were pleased with the results!!!

they should have called it something other than "whip around" coverage.... something along the lines of the Brett Favre/ Vince Young show!:puke:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
It's really pretty simple......two words

Brett Farve :rolleyes:
There is a lot of truth to that.

And if Owens had been playing, we'd have seen more of the Cowboys ...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
The NFL network is still wrapped up in the post 05 season ongoing belief that every time Brett Favre sneezes, claims he will sneeze, or holds a press conference to let the world know he has not yet decided if he's going to sneeze, somebody cares.

If there is bias with that networks coverage, I suspect it is toward the teams which allow them to cover their camps for hour long segments (12 I believe this preseason) ...and as long as Bill resists the cameras at practices and in the training room, I think the coverage will not be "equal". The stories other franchises give NFL tv simply increase the network's investment in seeing those stories play out.