What was your favorite non-Dallas draft picks

ghst187

Reaction score
favorite either by team or by player value based on where taken.

Mine has to be Tampa Bay
Davin Joseph
Trueblood
Maurice Stovall
Very nice haul by TB I thought, perhaps a little high for Joseph but great value on Stovall IMO.

I liked the Cardinals draft a lot too

My favorite individual steals were:
Carolina getting DeAngelo Williams in round 1
Chargers getting Whitehurst in the 3rd
Broncos getting Cutler at 11 and Dumervil in the 4th
New England's choices of OCallahan and Maroney, both steals
and Steelers getting Santonio Holmes so late

Ok, now the worst:
Buffalo Bills, what clowns are running their scouting? Whitner probably would've been there for them in the second round. McCargo might've been a reach also. Youghboty is horrible also IMO.
Kansas City, they should seriously trade away all their draft picks every year for proven players just to save themselves from embarrassment. They have a horrible scouting dept, yes yes I know they hit on Larry Johnson (after they tried to trade him) and probably will on DJ but man they'll never get over the hump.

Individual picks: Minnesota Chad Greenway...horrible pick on vastly overrated player. I had Greenway pegged as the 2nd best LB in the draft from the Univ of Iowa. Hodge was a much better value, esp where he was drafted.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Carolina getting Stanley McClover in the 7th, heck, loved all their picks

Pack drafting Daryn COlledge, I really like him

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the Broncos move to get Cutler.
Hate the fact that Carolina took Williams cuz he's in the NFC and he could very good with them...and I hate Carolina.

I'm one of the few who liked the Texans draft. Their first three picks, even the Williams one (whatever their reasons), was a good one.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The thing about this draft, I think most teams did well. You had some great drafts at the top, but even the unremarkable ones drafted well, drafted to the board, etc.

I really think most of the league has figured out how to draft - which might improve league play all around (something those who hate the CBA have been screaming for).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The Broncos getting Jay Cutler because of the drunken Broncos fan at the draft.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
I'm one of the few who liked the Texans draft. Their first three picks, even the Williams one (whatever their reasons), was a good one.
I'm sure it was pointed out in Houston that Parcells was asked by a couple of the Rangers players what he thought about the Texans passing on Bush, and he said he thought Williams was the best player in the draft...

kartr

Reaction score
I loved the Cardinals draft too. I also like the Texans and the Titans drafts.
I mean, Vince Young plus Jonathan Orr at WR and Lendale White, they basically got their triplets in one draft. I absolutely hated the Chargers draft, to me, it was worse than the Bills draft. At least Whitner can play and I am so relieved that we didn't take Charlie Whitehurst. He's almost never impressed me. I feel that with him and Phillip Rivers, they might as well have Ryan Leaf back. Rivers doesn't have an NFL arm or legs and Whitehurst doesn't have the temperment to play in the NFL.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
I liked the move the Texans made in the 3rd round getting Spencer, and then trading up to get Eric Winston with the next pick. They needed to address their oline in a big way and I really like those moves. I would expect Winston and Spencer to lock down the LT and LG/RT spots for many years. Very good talent in the 3rd round.

They're getting ripped because of not drafting Bush...but this move was nice.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I like the Eagles and Bunkley - he is the perfect DT for Jimmy Johnson's pressure schemes.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I like what Az dd.

Leinart
Deuce
Leonard Pope
Watson
Brandon Johnson
Jon Lewis
Todd Watkins from BYU.

On paper, that's a pretty good draft.

I thought GB had a good draft, NE had a good one. SF had a decent draft and I thought Tampa Bay had an outstanding draft with:

Davin Joseph
Trueblood
Stovall
Zemaitis
Gradowski.

Pretty good players right there.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I really wanted Maurice Stovall to be a Cowboy. I think he is going to do a great job in Tampa. He has very good size and very tough.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

I'm with you WG. A buddy and I have gone back and forth over the Texans not taking Bush. I think Williams is spot on what they need. You can't get to the playoffs and win consistently with one player. (See Barry Sanders)

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Mike Hass 5th rd Saints
Anthony Smith 3rd rd Steelers
Babatunde Oshiwono Sixth rd ONE PICK BEFORE OURS :eek: Happy with Stanley though