What will be the Runningback scenario?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
With Edgerin James and Shaun Alexander unrestricted free agent runningbacks and Cowboys needing a Power back how will this scenario turn out?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
With Edgerin James and Shaun Alexander unrestricted free agent runningbacks and Cowboys needing a Power back how will this scenario turn out?

I don't see Dallas adding another RB to the mix. I think we stay with Jones and Barber as well as Thompson. FB on the other hand I would not be suprised to see Dallas address that but of course James and Alexander are not FB. I would also add both will come at a high price.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

I think Alstott is a viable option as long as he is signed as a powerback not a FB, and Jamal Lewis will also be available. Both are long shots, but if either could be had at a decent price I wouldn't be opposed to either.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Outside of maybe getting a decent BLOCKING FB, I see no moves as regarding RB this offseason.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
burmafrd said:
Outside of maybe getting a decent BLOCKING FB, I see no moves as regarding RB this offseason.

I agree...RB is definitely not a priority at all with the other glaring holes in the lineup.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
I don't see Dallas adding another RB to the mix. I think we stay with Jones and Barber as well as Thompson. FB on the other hand I would not be suprised to see Dallas address that but of course James and Alexander are not FB. I would also add both will come at a high price.

Agree. RB is the least of our concerns. But yes, bring in some compitition at FB. Wasn't quite sold on Polite, but he improved later in the season. But still not sure of him either. If we find someone better at the same cap figure, great, if not, give him another year.

kartr

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

They're both too expensive and have age and injury concerns, it would make more sense to draft Len Dale White if you're going in that direction. But, I would take Joseph Addai in the 3rd round instead, since he's an all-purpose back and faster than Marion Barber and a better receiver than Julius and maybe a little more powerful.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:

With the critical needs at OL, FS, ILB, K, I think worrying about RB position is the last of our worries.

VirusX

Reaction score
Sooo hard not to go after Shaun Alexander though. I dont think we will make that leap.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
4lifecowboy said:
I think Alstott is a viable option as long as he is signed as a powerback not a FB

I am curious... why not as a blocking Fullback as well as power goal line back?

Is he not good at making holes for RB's? has he ever done it or been asked to?... thanks

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
YoMick said:
I am curious... why not as a blocking Fullback as well as power goal line back?

Is he not good at making holes for RB's? has he ever done it or been asked to?... thanks

I wouldn't be opposed to him blocking in a limited capacity, but as far as the first option I dont belive it is his strongest suit. But that is just IMO of course.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
I agree...RB is definitely not a priority at all with the other glaring holes in the lineup.

Maybe not to you. But to those folks out there who are more interested in fantasy football than the actual games, a top RB is a must.