what will happen to Glenn next year.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
if we do trade to get Roy or whoever do we include Glenn in the trade, do we just trade him for a draft pick, or do we just release him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dalboy;2051652 said:
if we do trade to get Roy or whoever do we include Glenn in the trade, do we just trade him for a draft pick, or do we just release him.
Make him the 3rd WR if he's healthy. Trade Crayton.

:grin:

montgod

Reaction score
If... and that's a very big IF... he can come back and be productive and close to the player he was before, then you keep him. He is cheap and a veteran wr w/excellent hands.

If he can't, then yes, you have to release him.

No need in making any moves on him just yet... won't save any real money so might as well see what he can or can't do.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We will likely not know anything about TG until camp. Unless it's bad news. If he can't play well I expect he would retire. But right now it's all conjecture.
This guy is our answer at WR this year, if he is well. And I agree about Crayton. If he doesn't pick it up he will likely get traded. I can't stand a player that quits on plays and lets his team down.

Eskimo

Reaction score
If he looks like he can still play, I would have him inactive until the final four games of the year and then start playing him so he is in midseason form for the playoffs with fresh legs.

No point in having him get needlessly injured early in the year or preseason if it can be avoided.

If it looks like he doesn't got anything left in TC, part ways before the start of the season.

Eskimo

Reaction score
jobberone;2051766 said:
We will likely not know anything about TG until camp. Unless it's bad news. If he can't play well I expect he would retire. But right now it's all conjecture.
This guy is our answer at WR this year, if he is well. And I agree about Crayton. If he doesn't pick it up he will likely get traded. I can't stand a player that quits on plays and lets his team down.

Crayton is a good #3 WR and we just gave him a $5M bonus so he isn't going anywhere. The playoffs weren't exactly a shining moment for him but hopefully he has used the experience to help make him a better player.

jjktkk

Reaction score
The Cowboys are the only team that Glenn's gonna play for, reguardless if hes able to play next year and, or we get Roy Williams or not.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
jjktkk;2051953 said:
The Cowboys are the only team that Glenn's gonna play for, reguardless if hes able to play next year and, or we get Roy Williams or not.

That would be sweet. If we somehow trade for Roy it would be:

T.O.
Roy
Crayton
Glenn
Stanbeck
Hurd/Austin

We could have a nice spread field with that lineup.

I imagine Glenn is still very hard to cover one on one when healthy. You know he's going to be a matchup problem against all num 4 db's, and the majority of nickel corners.

links18

Reaction score
jjktkk;2051953 said:

?????? Seriously, do we need the weekly "What's going on with Terry Glenn" thread? Nothing has changed from last week. :lmao:

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
links18;2052179 said:
?????? Seriously, do we need the weekly "What's going on with Terry Glenn" thread? Nothing has changed from last week. :lmao:

Does anyone else think that his sudden return almost hindered the offense somewhat? He and Romo never seemed on the same page, and for good reason.

You have to admire Glenn's heart. A lot of players could learn from the guts he's shown by fighting through this knee problem. But hopefully the situation doesn't become a detriment not knowing what will happen with Glenn on a weekly basis.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
RainMan;2052184 said:
Does anyone else think that his sudden return almost hindered the offense somewhat? He and Romo never seemed on the same page, and for good reason.

You have to admire Glenn's heart. A lot of players could learn from the guts he's shown by fighting through this knee problem. But hopefully the situation doesn't become a detriment not knowing what will happen with Glenn on a weekly basis.

I'll agree with that -- I feel pretty strongly that if you can't play the first 15 that you shouldn't be on the field.

But I'm still pissed about that fumble against Seattle......