What would the picks equal to...

bsheeern

Reaction score
in a draft day trade. I don't know the system off hand and was wondering if we traded these picks on draft day what would the outcome be. Now I know we don't know what our 09 picks will be but lets just say we finish in the top ten in the league. Essentially you could go back to Roy's draft and say in that year we got the number 7 pick for a 2009 late 1st, 3rd, and 6th right? That would be a steal right?

kmd24

Reaction score
Assuming that the Cowboys draft 20th or higher, it is roughly equivalent to a pick 5-6 slots higher than where the Cowboys would have picked.

For example, if the Cowboys end up in the 25 slot of the draft, the equivalent points of the 25th and 89th picks would be like trading the 19th overall pick to the Lions. The difference between the 6th and 7th picks is less than 10 points in all likelihood.

Now, for a team that needs many bodies, getting one extra player might have utility, but for a team like the Cowboys, where most starters won't be unseated by a rookie in the near term, there is more utility in upgrading the frontline players, IMO.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think you never know when you're going to get a Ratliff or a Barbie. So I do love my picks. Hate giving them up. But the OP is thinking of the fact we got a player picked in the top ten of a draft for a number 1 and number 3 plus we get his services on the credit don't pay for 9 months deal.

He fills the only hole on offense and we get a number 7 pick for a low round 1 and 3.

If he performs we raped them cause you couldn't trade your 1 and 3 bottom round pick for a number 7 pick in a draft. That's a steal.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
who are we getting picks from for julius and Reeves Seattle and who? what would the picks be?

kmd24

Reaction score
Rampage;2342777 said:
who are we getting picks from for julius and Reeves Seattle and who? what would the picks be?

They're just extra picks added to the draft. They don't come from anyone.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Cowboys would have liked a 1st round WR out of this draft but there was none.

Next draft Crabtree will probably go top 10 but after that it will be iffy again at WR. Percy Harvin is a great athlete but has a ways to go as a pure WR.

By trading a 1st, 3rd and 6th we insure we have a top 20 WR for a few years imho.

If I could only have one of T.O. or RW today I'd take RW every time. It is just a matter of age.

I know some folks liked Austin and Hurd but neither guy was a top 50 NFL WR. In fact neither was Patrick Crayton.