What would you rather the Cowboys do in the draft???

Dallas22

Reaction score
If these were the only 2 choices for the Cowboys by the end of the day, what would you rather they do:

OPTION A - Draft RB Felix Jones and trade the other 1st round pick (probably along with another later pick in the draft) for DET WR Roy Williams OR ARZ WR Anquan Boldin

OPTION B - Trade up using 1 of their 1st round picks and packaging other later draft picks to get RB Darrin McFadden... using the other 1st pick they would grab the best WR or CB left at that spot.

Me personally, I'd rather go with OPTION A... maybe use the next pick in the 2nd or 3rd round and draft the best CB left in the draft.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Option A.

Or Option C: Use 22 for a corner, 28 for Roy Williams, and our 2nd rounder for a backup RB.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A..................all we need to see is TO get hurt and we're done. Too thin and old at WR. IMO/FWIW...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;2053030 said:
Option A.

Or Option C: Use 22 for a corner, 28 for Roy Williams, and our 2nd rounder for a backup RB.

...even better.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I wish they'd find a way to get their hands on Atlanta's 2nd round picks, even giving up next year's 1st and 3rd or 1st and 2nd. The best value for what we need is in the early 2nd round: CBs WRs and RBs and even maybe a OT.

With so much re-building to do I know the Falcons won't go there, but it would be nice...

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
And if there isn't value at corner at #22? Just take one any way?

McKelvin, DRC, and Jenkins will be gone at 22. 22 is too high for Cason and Flowers.

But I guess we reach at #22 because we have to go CB at pick #1? (A potential 4th CB behind Henry, Newman and PacMan).

Drafting 4th CB at 22 is a must. But drafting a 2nd RB to split carries is STOOPID. (At least according to some).

I must be living in a different world...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
cobra;2053215 said:

McKelvin, DRC, and Jenkins will be gone at 22. 22 is too high for Cason and Flowers.

But I guess we reach at #22 because we have to go CB at pick #1? (A potential 4th CB behind Henry, Newman and PacMan).

Drafting 4th CB at 22 is a must. But drafting a 2nd RB to split carries is STOOPID. (At least according to some).

So dramatic. Ever think about trading down? Why use that pick on a RB, when we can essentially get the same thing in the second round? There's no set way we have to go, but to say we should only be looking at RB at 22, because no top CB's will be available and that RB is the only value there, is stooopid too.

Shady12

Reaction score
I'd trade down at 22, draft for Roy. A tradeup for McFadden would make me ill.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cobra;2053215 said:

I really don't like this idea that 5-6 picks can be the difference between "too high" and "good value." I mean, 10 years from now, does anyone look back and really consider that as a factor in whether it was a good draft pick? No, they just say "X was good, or Y was a bust." If you think someone is a good player at 28, he should be a good player at 22.

Six picks is just 1/5 of a round. I mean, is it really that accurate of a process?

Just my opinion.

Dallas22

Reaction score
Roy Williams/Anquan Boldin are still young at 26-27 years old... I think that they would help our Offense greatly, working along side TO, Witten, Crayton & maybe Glenn... don't forget Barber & Felix Jones out of the backfield running AND recieving... Romo at the helm and a very good O-Line with some depth. Maybe a better Blocking TE is the only thing that we could really need right now, but Tony Curtis is a very good recieving TE so add him to the list of weapons :)

If we pick up a CB with the next pick outside of the 1st round, then our defense would roll pretty well like this: Ratliff & Tank in the middle at NT, Canty & Spears at the DEs, Bradie James and Zach Thomas in the middle LBs with D Ware & G Ellis at the outside LBs... we'll have Burnett & Carpenter helping out on passing downs & Anthony Spencer in the mix; Newman, Henry, the draft pick, and hopefully Pacman Jones at CBs; Hamlin is a good Saftey, but Roy Williams needs to get back to his early career sucess.

Special teams would be set with Kicker Nick Folk, Punter Mat McBriar, long snapper LC Ladoucer, and PR/KR-Pacman Jones and/or T Newman, Crayton, Hurd, Miles

We would be set!

Reaction score
theogt;2053030 said:
Option A.

I'll take Option C. We need a corner more than any other position. Roy Williams with the 28th pick would be a super steal. There will still be quality RBs left at #61.

CPonder14

Reaction score
or Option D

Dont trade any of our picks and grab a WR,CB,RB with our first 3 picks.