whats scary is we should really be 4-2

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;1710201 said:
Actually, they had no business even being in that game. We almost gave it to them. They gave us nothing.

Um they gave us the game by missing a 53 yard kick when they should have punted at the end of the first half. They gave us the game by throwing that pick on a down that they should have just run the ball. Then they gave it to us again when they couldn't recover an onsides kick.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future 585;1710214 said:
Um they gave us the game by missing a 53 yard kick when they should have punted at the end of the first half. They gave us the game by throwing that pick on a down that they should have just run the ball. Then they gave it to us again when they couldn't recover an onsides kick.
They didn't give us any of that. They wouldn't have been in the game without Romo's boneheaded mistakes. We were the better team. We beat them. We scored more than them. They didn't give us a single thing.

On the field gold they tried to score and didn't. On the INT, they were trying to move the ball and we took it from them.

kbman

Reaction score
I like our chances. We can have the dark cloud of gloom over every upcoming game prediction.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;1710216 said:
They didn't give us any of that. They wouldn't have been in the game without Romo's boneheaded mistakes. We were the better team. We beat them. We scored more than them. They didn't give us a single thing.

On the field gold they tried to score and didn't. On the INT, they were trying to move the ball and we took it from them.

Ok we gave them the game first then they gave it back how about...

They took a low % FG with a two score lead risking giving up field position. It would be a dif game if we didn't get the FG heading into half.

On the INT, they were in easy FG range and could have taken a bunch more time off the clock and made it a two score game with around 3 min left if they just handed it off. You can't say those weren't bad decisions.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future 585;1710222 said:
Ok we gave them the game first then they gave it back how about...

They took a low % FG with a two score lead risking giving up field position. It would be a dif game if we didn't get the FG heading into half.
They went for the FG because they thought they needed more points to win the game.

On the INT, they were in easy FG range and could have taken a bunch more time off the clock and made it a two score game with around 3 min left if they just handed it off. You can't say those weren't bad decisions.
They threw the ball because they didn't want to settle for a FG. They thought they needed more points to win the game.

Considering we scored 9 points in 24 seconds, they were probably right. They really couldn't stop the offense all night, except when Romo threw bone-headed passes.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;1710240 said:
They went for the FG because they thought they needed more points to win the game.

They threw the ball because they didn't want to settle for a FG. They thought they needed more points to win the game.

Considering we scored 9 points in 24 seconds, they were probably right. They really couldn't stop the offense all night, except when Romo threw bone-headed passes.

Well clearly you look at things completely differently than me. This is not gonna end up going anywhere...

agree to disagree? :laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future 585;1710244 said:
Well clearly you look at things completely differently than me. This is not gonna end up going anywhere...

agree to disagree? :laugh2:
There are right ways and wrong ways to look at things. We've got the "W". Yet you think we "shouldn't."

It should be perfectly clear which is the "right way" to look at this.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
we should be 5-1........oh wait we are.....whew i was getting scared there for a second that i slipped into the twilight zone.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
theogt;1710254 said:
There are right ways and wrong ways to look at things. We've got the "W". Yet you think we shouldn't.

No, we shouldn't have won...its not a wrong way to look at it

I was there and I was as happy as anyone when it happened, but it doesn't mean that I think we should have one.

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
OK...

We should have been 3-3 if Plaxico didn't fall down on an INT(hence giving us 6).

We should have been 2-4 if it weren't for a key penalty that allowed Crayton to make a key long punt return to set up the go-ahead score in Miami.

We should have been 1-5 if Griese had played instead of Rex.

We should have been 0-6 if Steven Jackson had played in the Rams game.

We can go on and on...