What's so special about Jeff fisher?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I saw his name mentioned in one of the other posts as one of great coaches of all time... why?:confused:

RxMan

Reaction score
um, he made it to the Superbowl ONCE. Great coach of all-time? I dunno. I guess people like him because he is firery and intense.

ghst187

Reaction score
He is fiery and intense....but he's only had a few years of being given real talent, seems like the GM has had the team in rebuilding mode for several years now yet Fisher seems to have them competing week in and week out, even if their season is mathematically over.
The bottomline is that he gets his players ready to play, they have a good gameplan, he puts his players in positions to succeed, and he gets the most out of the talent he already has.....notice that these are all things that BP has failed (catastrophically) to do here. Imagine if Fisher would've had our roster this year, I'm pretty sure we'd still be playing.
I would say that Fisher had one of the least talented rosters in the league, at least in the bottom half, yet they really put it together by mid-season and no one wanted to play them. We're fortunate we got them when VY was untested. They would've reversed the score on us.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
When judging Fisher's record, just remember that the Titans went through about 3 years of the worst salary cap hell possible.

It's a miracle he won anything during those years, a huge chunk of the payroll was to retiring/retired/hurt players.

k19

Reaction score
Career record: 102-89.

Fisher holds the franchise mark for wins with 102 over his 11-year coaching career and ranks fifth among NFL head coaches (Dungy, Reid, Cowher, and Shanahan) with 65 victories since 1999.

Last year, he became the 34th coach in NFL history to reach the 100-win plateau.

In 2004, he became the fourth youngest coach (46) since 1960 to reach 90 regular-season victories (John Madden, Don Shula, and Bill Cowher).

Over the last seven seasons, Fisher has led the Titans to four playoff appearances, two AFC Championship Games, two division titles and a berth in Super Bowl XXXIV.

In 2000, Fisher became only the fifth coach in NFL history to lead his team to consecutive 13-win seasons, joining Mike Holmgren, George Seifert, Marv Levy, and Mike Ditka.

Nuff said ;)