What's the deal with Fabini?

cowboys41fe

Reaction score
Wasn't this guy suppose to be one of our biggest off season aquisitions this offseason. How is it that he get's beat out by Colombo... I thought this guy was the Jet's best OL...

After 2 games, the running game doesn't look that great... And I'm wondering why not give the guy more time not to mention start... Is the problem not with Colombo and more to do with Kosier? Flo getting older? Rivera being a bust of a free agent the year prior? Whatever the reason the Cowboys need to get some youth working on the OL because these guys don't have much time left in the tank...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
he wasn't a big acquisition, and got beat out by a younger, quicker Columbo

btw, our running game averages over 4 yards per carry, and we average over 100 a game on the ground, that's pretty good

baj1dallas

Reaction score
cowboys41fe said:
Wasn't this guy suppose to be one of our biggest off season aquisitions this offseason. How is it that he get's beat out by Colombo... I thought this guy was the Jet's best OL...

After 2 games, the running game doesn't look that great... And I'm wondering why not give the guy more time not to mention start... Is the problem not with Colombo and more to do with Kosier? Flo getting older? Rivera being a bust of a free agent the year prior? Whatever the reason the Cowboys need to get some youth working on the OL because these guys don't have much time left in the tank...

I'd say the deal is that you're either overreacting or totally clueless.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboys41fe said:

Where in the world did you read he was suppose to be "one of our biggest off season aquisitions" ?!?!?!

:eek::

Death Star

Reaction score
As others have suggested, the running game looked decent against Washington. Hopefully we'll see the trend continue, and it wasn't that Washington just sucked that badly. As for the line:

Flo - after a shaky start in week 1 he did his job pretty well in week 2. Still looks a bit stiff though.

Kosier - it's been said that he's been our most solid OLineman thus far.

Gurode - right up there with Kosier, hopefully we won't see too many mental lapses in upcoming games.

Rivera -
http://img130.*************/img130/6461/wl1rr5.jpg

Columbo - he was kinda iffy in week 1, but seems to have stepped it up in week 2. He's still relatively young and inexperienced, but has good potential and remember he's a former 1st rounder. By all accounts he's already better than Fabini, and especially seeing as how he appears to be the future at the position, he should be getting the reps.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
he wasn't a big acquisition, and got beat out by a younger, quicker Columbo

btw, our running game averages over 4 yards per carry, and we average over 100 a game on the ground, that's pretty good

That is not a bad average also when you consider it was against Jacksonville and the deadskins (which have talent on D)

cowboys41fe

Reaction score
Wasn't he one of the first signings this offseason? Going into the offseason the OL was the biggest concern... Maybe I'm wrong that the OL was our biggest problem...

AtlCB

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Where in the world did you read he was suppose to be "one of our biggest off season aquisitions" ?!?!?!

:eek::
I want to know where he read that Fabini was the Jets' best OLman. :confused:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
cowboys41fe said:
Wasn't he one of the first signings this offseason? Going into the offseason the OL was the biggest concern... Maybe I'm wrong that the OL was our biggest problem...

He may have been the first signing but in no way the biggest. That honor *sigh* goes to TO.

Fabini is what he is....a vet backup

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
cowboys41fe said:

I think if Columbo wer the reason our run game "doesn't look that great," then BP would fix it or start Fabini. If he thought Fabini could be doing a better job, he'd probably be in there.

On a related note, I think you should have stuck to lurking.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboys41fe said:

Maybe you are confusing Kosier with Fabini?

K-Mart

Reaction score
not even worth my time.....why am i still reading?:confused: Fabini was actually one of our last pickups.....first goes to Kosier....

DLCassidy

Reaction score
cowboys41fe said:
Wasn't this guy suppose to be one of our biggest off season aquisitions this offseason.

No doubt Fabini was in the top 12 offseason acquisitions, if that's what you mean. Fabini was closer to getting bus fare than he was to beating out Columbo. He is what he is, an aging vet with experience who can swing and hold the fort for a while in the event of an injury. For that role he's perfect. The good news is we have someone better starting. As to the OL as a whole, it's better than last season, so SYB.

Flo= Flo
Kosier> LA
Gurdode > AJ
Rivera > Rivera with back issue
Columbo > Petitti