What's the scouting reports on Carr and Claiborne as tacklers?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Newman was effective earlier in his career but got worse over the last 4 years or so at coming up and making a tackle. We all know the story on Jenkins.

What kind of history do these two guys have as far as making tackles? I see a lot of nickle this year and I hope that doesn't mean putting Jenkins in the slot, where I can see a lot of off-tackle runs toward him. Hopefully we have some DBs that will lay some wood.

Looking for history because I will admit I know little about these guys other than what I've seen since they became Cowboys.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Carr is physical, and a willingly tackler. He will stick his nose in to go after a RB, is not shy of contact.

Clai is a good tackler as well, his last season of college many people were worried about it, because he missed a few. Then reports came out, he was playing with ligament damage for half the season.

It was never reported according to Clai, because he didn't want other teams thinking they had a weakness.

He's not as aggressive as Carr, but will make the tackle

FiveRings

Reaction score
Expecting a NFL corner to "lay wood" is an extremely high expectation. As long as he makes a good form tackle and gives 100% effort, that's the best you'll get from a CB

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
FiveRings;4651693 said:
Expecting a NFL corner to "lay wood" is an extremely high expectation. As long as he makes a good form tackle and gives 100% effort, that's the best you'll get from a CB

It's a "business decision". :rolleyes: