Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cops: Woman, 78, killed beau, 85
Victim had a new girlfriend, police say

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/pic29358.jpg
By BETH WARREN
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 06/24/05

Lena Driskell didn't have the look of a suspected killer - wearing a hair net, support stockings, bathrobe and slippers.

But Atlanta police say the 78-year-old's motive was quite common - a woman scorned.

Driskell didn't want to end her yearlong romance with her neighbor, widower Herman Winslow, police said. But Winslow, 85, had found another girlfriend.

Uninvited, Driskell kept stopping by her former beau's apartment, one floor below hers in Hightower Manor, a public-assisted complex for seniors and the disabled in southwest Atlanta.

Fed up, Winslow complained to security June 10. That night, Driskell told the guard, "I've got something for his [expletive]," police said.

Winslow was sitting on a couch in the lobby, reading a newspaper when Driskell pressed the gun to his temple and fired at least twice, said Atlanta police Lt. Doug Little.

After officers arrived, Driskell, whose hands and robe were splattered with blood, turned and waved the gun at them - with her finger still on the trigger.

"I did it, and I'd do it again," Little said she ranted.

The officer tucked his gun behind his back as he persuaded Driskell to drop hers.

Driskell, who remains jailed without bond, has a pretrial hearing today before a Fulton County judge.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Cops: Woman, 78, killed beau, 85
Victim had a new girlfriend, police say

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/pic29358.jpg
By BETH WARREN
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 06/24/05

Lena Driskell didn't have the look of a suspected killer - wearing a hair net, support stockings, bathrobe and slippers.

But Atlanta police say the 78-year-old's motive was quite common - a woman scorned.

Driskell didn't want to end her yearlong romance with her neighbor, widower Herman Winslow, police said. But Winslow, 85, had found another girlfriend.

Uninvited, Driskell kept stopping by her former beau's apartment, one floor below hers in Hightower Manor, a public-assisted complex for seniors and the disabled in southwest Atlanta.

Fed up, Winslow complained to security June 10. That night, Driskell told the guard, "I've got something for his [expletive]," police said.

Winslow was sitting on a couch in the lobby, reading a newspaper when Driskell pressed the gun to his temple and fired at least twice, said Atlanta police Lt. Doug Little.

After officers arrived, Driskell, whose hands and robe were splattered with blood, turned and waved the gun at them - with her finger still on the trigger.

"I did it, and I'd do it again," Little said she ranted.

The officer tucked his gun behind his back as he persuaded Driskell to drop hers.

Driskell, who remains jailed without bond, has a pretrial hearing today before a Fulton County judge.

... even the bad guys in movies don't sound as cold as this lady.