When in doubt, take your HIGHEST rated player...

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
As the Bears GM for the upcoming draft on 4/9, I haven't had too many trade proposals that has me chompin' at the the bit to do.....That said, it looks like I'll go w/ my highest rated player if I can't trade down. It's been pretty quiet out there in GM-land..... :)

My top five in ranked order:
1. Mike Williams - WR
2. Braylon Edwards - WR
3. Aaron Rodgers - QB
4. Cadillac Williams - RB
5. Shawne Merriman - DE/OLB

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
5mics said:
As the Bears GM for the upcoming draft on 4/9, I haven't had too many trade proposals that has me chompin' at the the bit to do.....That said, it looks like I'll go w/ my highest rated player if I can't trade down. It's been pretty quiet out there in GM-land..... :)

My top five in ranked order:
1. Mike Williams - WR
2. Braylon Edwards - WR
3. Aaron Rodgers - QB
4. Cadillac Williams - RB
5. Shawne Merriman - DE/OLB
If for some reason the first 3 picks involve Mike Williams, Braylon Edwards, and Ronnie Brown, Bears go Derrick Johnson. DJ and Urlacher, wow that is sick.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
As the 49ers GM, am leaning towards taking Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams with the first pick. I agree on the strategy of taking the best available guy, rather than drafting for need. I am also entertaining offers to trade up for this pick. :)

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Yea but I am finding it hard to detrmine the best player this draft is way harder to get a bead on then the last few drafts. The rankings in the 15-45 range are all over the place compared to years past. There is depth in the draft just not that standout talent. You could get the same player in the second as the 1st it seems.

Making my draftboard hard to figure out:banghead:

I got some of it planned already but it starting to blur between the bottom half of the 1st and the 2nd round so many guys are just lumped right there in the ratings depending on which draft guide or scout you read

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
GM's keep up the good work. It's great seeing guys planning your strategies and doing your research.

With Gms such as you this is going to be a great Mock Draft.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Yea but I am finding it hard to detrmine the best player this draft is way harder to get a bead on then the last few drafts. The rankings in the 15-45 range are all over the place compared to years past. There is depth in the draft just not that standout talent. You could get the same player in the second as the 1st it seems.

Making my draftboard hard to figure out:banghead:

I got some of it planned already but it starting to blur between the bottom half of the 1st and the 2nd round so many guys are just lumped right there in the ratings depending on which draft guide or scout you read
Since the Bears have so many needs, I could basically draft anyone out of a group of 10-15 in any round w/ my pick and probably hit on it. Will be a very interesting mock draft indeed!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
5mics said:
Since the Bears have so many needs, I could basically draft anyone out of a group of 10-15 in any round w/ my pick and probably hit on it. Will be a very interesting mock draft indeed!

Well I have the Packers

They need help at both safeties; LB is very thin; They could use a DE (DT is solid but a good player there would not hurt) CB depth is needed

They have a new d coordinator Jim Bates who did very well in Miami (and former Cowboy poistion coach)

They need a young QB to groom (Farve has this year and maybe 1 more left after that)

They could use some oline depth as there major need

What makes it hard there is a group of CB; safties LB and DE and DT are all kind of clumped toghter depending on where you look so my head feels like this at times :explode:

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
Well I have the Packers

They need help at both safeties; LB is very thin; They could use a DE (DT is solid but a good player there would not hurt) CB depth is needed

They have a new d coordinator Jim Bates who did very well in Miami (and former Cowboy poistion coach)

They need a young QB to groom (Farve has this year and maybe 1 more left after that)

They could use some oline depth as there major need

What makes it hard there is a group of CB; safties LB and DE and DT are all kind of clumped toghter depending on where you look so my head feels like this at times :explode:
I thought Nors has the Packers for the 4/9 draft?! If you do have them, I'm sending you a PM for a proposed trade.....check it out.....

Spontae

Reaction score
5mics,

As Arizona's Draft Room, I can promise you (check your mock) that RB and CB need to be addressed in Arizona before OLB...

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Spontae said:
5mics,

As Arizona's Draft Room, I can promise you (check your mock) that RB and CB need to be addressed in Arizona before OLB...
Maybe BUT I'm not quite finished w/ my final mock.....