When is the 1st mini-camp ?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Anyone know the date ?

I'm interested to see how some of our injured players from last year are doing.

In particular, Columbo, Burnett, Flo...

See who is the starting LG...Peterman or Kyle.

Starting RT...Fabini, Rob or Columbo...

Who will be slotted starting FS...Rookie draft pick, Davis, Pile, Justin ?

Sooo many unanswered questions.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If not mistaken I think the rookie mini camp is 1st week of May. After that the Vets will have a mini camp in June (rookies are not allowed) then training camp last of July.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
If not mistaken I think the rookie mini camp is 1st week of May. After that the Vets will have a mini camp in June (rookies are not allowed) then training camp last of July.
That part would be incorrect...

Just did a lil search of the Zone. Seems a rookie minicamp was held the first week of May. Around 05/03 or so. It included selected vets. Meaning some of the 1st and 2nd year folks. I know it's real soon after the draft, so it may be held the 2nd week of May this year.

Last year they had a weeklong minicamp over the Memorial holiday weekend. This was the full minicamp which includes the vets and the rooks.

So look for the minicamps around those dates...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
That part would be incorrect...

Just did a lil search of the Zone. Seems a rookie minicamp was held the first week of May. Around 05/03 or so. It included selected vets. Meaning some of the 1st and 2nd year folks. I know it's real soon after the draft, so it may be held the 2nd week of May this year.

Last year they had a weeklong minicamp over the Memorial holiday weekend. This was the full minicamp which includes the vets and the rooks.

So look for the minicamps around those dates...

Thanks for the correction although I do know that Rookie will only be involved with 1 of the mini camps because in the agreement with the NCAA these kids are still involved with classes

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Ahhh, I can't wait to hear about Parcells telling them to run to the fence.

Rich..........

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101 said:
Thanks for the correction although I do know that Rookie will only be involved with 1 of the mini camps because in the agreement with the NCAA these kids are still involved with classes
You're correct, but it only applies if they're not done with school. If they're done with school, they can attend both.

Many times players drop out of school that last semester to focus on the draft. And sometimes they've already completed their school work by the time minicamps are held. Most of our rooks were not limited by the school rule and they attended both the rookie and vet minicamp.