When is the draft this year?

shnagy

Reaction score
I'm almost embarrassed to ask this, but when is the draft this year. Also, does anyone actually watch the whole thing from start to end?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Its April 29-30 I think. And I watch the entire first day, second day just wait for Dallas picks

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
well the first day you get i think 15 minutes or around there and 2nd day you get somn like 6 minutes (the teams i mean to make final decisions, according to previous selections) so yea 1st day is interesting last year i watched almost the entire first day and the second day i dont even bother, i just go online to find out who we picked.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
shnagy said:
I'm almost embarrassed to ask this, but when is the draft this year. Also, does anyone actually watch the whole thing from start to end?

We always get together and have a huge Draft party and go all out for two days! I mean excellent food, beverage ect. ect. Some don't show the next day, they say it's boring but I love the entire draft.

This year the "Theme" is Patron Tequilla and Italian food.

spook930

Reaction score
yeah i watch the first round. might watch the second if there is nothing on tv

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I have a draft related question.. I understand how the first round is decided.. but rounds 2-7.. how is each team pick determined??

wahaja

Reaction score
yeah i actually went to the draft last year at the javits center. it was a amazing experience. we didn't get to stay for the second day but it was still cool. if u actually go and stay for both days you get automatic tickets for next years draft. it's pretty cool because what you are used to watching on tv, u actually see live and can get some autographs if you are lucky!!!

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
wasnt there a guy on this forum who went last year in a big blue sombrero and he actually made it on TV? or was that from ES or somn.

shnagy

Reaction score
Silverstar, that sounds like a good time to me. lol But i usually watch it by myself cause my friends don't really get into it like I do, and it gets really boring, so I usually make it through the first 2 rounds then just keep up with it throughout the day.....wahaja, where is the javits center at? By the way, my enter button isn't working so sorry for no paragraphs.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
wasnt there a guy on this forum who went last year in a big blue sombrero and he actually made it on TV? or was that from ES or somn.

:laugh2: i was on tv?... :laugh2:

j/k

shnagy

Reaction score
BTW, this is off-topic, but what do you all think of Mercedes Lewis TE from UCLA i think. I know we don't really have a pressing need for TE, but just wanted some opinions on him.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboy4ever said:
I have a draft related question.. I understand how the first round is decided.. but rounds 2-7.. how is each team pick determined??
Rock paper scissors.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
shnagy said:

I dont see how any one CAN watch it start to end. I usually flip around the channels until it is time for the Cowboys to pick in the first round, and then go about my day. The whole experience takes such an incredibly long time, and I can only listen to the talking heads spew the same generic cliches in the eternity between picks for about 10 minutes before I want Berman to impale Kiper on national TV.

hendog

Reaction score
I usually watch the 1st day (1-3 rds) in its entirity then on the 2nd day I'll watch the 4th and 5th rds pretty much then I'll have it on and catch the end as I'm perusing around the house. I LOVE IT!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I record it on my dvd recorder(leaving it on in the background and turn up the volume when need be) and listen to Norm on the internet while chatting on this great forum. That way I can later check out what espn said and burn it to dvd sans commercials.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:

Alphabetical by city.