When Ware snuck up the middle

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
what was that?

What kind of scheme? name of play?

When I saw that I though to myself.... now thats creative.... this defense is not predictable anymore.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Let Ware slide down the line and shoot whatever gap he saw fit.

I dunno... twists are LBs crossing and stunts are DL doing pretty much the same.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
They stand him up. As the play starts let the O line get engaged with the Dline.
He just runs the twist route up the middle - If there is no RB there to help out or the O line does not first recognize and then pass off the Dlinemen off quick then the result is what you see with a QB who can't dodge the rush.
Dead man there.
This is the same play Danny White got killed on by the Redshins way back when.
It does leave the D line vunerable to quick runs up the hole that the dline is trying to create.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Ware has actually done that many times this year it just didn't always end the way it did yesterday.

The way he timed it yesterday is why I think it worked so much better. I have seen him do the exact same thing but not sliding down the line just standing in his normal spot until the ball was snapped and then making that twist move up the middle and getting to the QB just a step too late.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Longboysfan;1839624 said:
They stand him up. As the play starts let the O line get engaged with the Dline.
He just runs the twist route up the middle - If there is no RB there to help out or the O line does not first recognize and then pass off the Dlinemen off quick then the result is what you see with a QB who can't dodge the rush.
Dead man there.
This is the same play Danny White got killed on by the Redshins way back when.
It does leave the D line vunerable to quick runs up the hole that the dline is trying to create.

rexrobinson;1839738 said:
Ware has actually done that many times this year it just didn't always end the way it did yesterday.

The way he timed it yesterday is why I think it worked so much better. I have seen him do the exact same thing but not sliding down the line just standing in his normal spot until the ball was snapped and then making that twist move up the middle and getting to the QB just a step too late.

Thanks guys... good info.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
I dunno but im sure Donovan got scared in the worst way

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Ware and Ratliff were beasts last night.

The twist and delayed blitzes were there all day for Dallas.

Which is why the 3rd and 9 call, where we dropped back into a Zone and McNabb completes the pass to Celek was so confusing.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
I like the way B. James got his sack, I think it was a delayed blitz, I don't remember ever seeing this team do that.