When Was the Last Time We Won a Snow Game?

Everson24

Reaction score
Help me here. I cant remember the last time the Cowboys won a game in the snow or even in cold weather for that matter. I remember us losing the Thanksgiving game in 93 in the sleet and beating the Giants the last game of the season that same year in some cold weather.

I guess I am still haunted by all those losses in the 70's and 80's when we simply were not designed to perform in adverse weather conditions (think 1980 championship game at Philly).

I am not feeling the least bit confident about this game mainly because of our inability to play good football in bad weather over the years. I am quite suprised at everyones confidence going into this game considering our past history.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
well I dont have the answer to your question, but I took a pic off my tv from reporters at the stadium... Right now it doesn't look so bad, there wasn't incliment weather, probably some wind and cold. The reporters nose was all like puff. The ground is covered by a tarp too.

http://i330.***BLOCKED***/albums/l406/RealityTVLounge/1207080910a_4.jpg

festus

It aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun
Reaction score
According to reports I've read, the last time the Cowboys played in game with such cold conditions was a game in Green Bay in 1997 which the Cowboys lost 45-17. The Cowboys have played in 11 games with the temperature in the 20's or lower, all of those games on the road and the Cowboys are 5-6 in those games.

Besides the cold weather, the Cowboys are only 4-7 in the months of December and Janurary with Romo at QB.

That all changes today though. The Cowboys will win this game in Pittsburgh. It wont be easy but they will win.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
If Dallas wins today, the conditions won't be a factor.

To address your question, I can't remember the last time Dallas won a snow game. Some of the home playoff games in the early 90s were pretty cold.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;2465237 said:
If Dallas wins today, the conditions won't be a factor.
:laugh2:

That reminds me of something my older brother Scott used to say all the time, "It'll feel better when it quits hurting."

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
StarKist;2465257 said:
:laugh2:

That reminds me of something my older brother Scott used to say all the time, "It'll feel better when it quits hurting."

That is what the TV commentators will say at least. Something like, "better than expected weather conditions allowed Tony Romo and the Cowboys offense to put up X points against the Steelers at Heinz Field yesterday."

Glockster

Reaction score
It is NOT snowing in Pittsburgh right now. The sun is actually shining, but it's only 23 degrees.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Everson24;2465184 said:
Help me here. I cant remember the last time the Cowboys won a game in the snow or even in cold weather for that matter.

I believe it was December 7, 2008.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
We'll, there was plenty of snow on the sidelines in the "Emmitt shoulder" game.