When you don't know the answer

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When you don't know the answer to a multi-choice question, what is your favorite answer?

A.
B.
C.
D.
E.

Reaction score
C.

Most teachers and or profs make it completely random, although studies have shown C is the most popular answer.

Once in second year, I had an Environmental Science course, and throughout the year I had not opened one book in the course, and for the final exam didn't study at all. I didn't know anything and was completely lost, I just picked "C" for all 42 questions and I got a 42 % (18)

DFWJC

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3872788 said:
C.

Most teachers and or profs make it completely random, although studies have shown C is the most popular answer.

Once in second year, I had an Environmental Science course, and throughout the year I had not opened one book in the course, and for the final exam didn't study at all. I didn't know anything and was completely lost, I just picked "C" for all 42 questions and I got a 42 % (18)
Dude, that is seriously pathetic.:laugh2:

The strategy DID work though.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Usually it is C. Another hint that if you are taken a a true or false test and there is a question that has a conjunction (and, or, but) in it, then it is usually False. If it turns out to be true than the question is not valid or reliable. It is simple research methods 101.