Where Does Maurice Clarett Go if...

ravidubey

Reaction score
1) He's in good shape, has a solid workout, drops his "lawsuit", and says all the right things?

I say mid 2nd round.

2) He's in average shape, has an OK workout, keeps his case on the books, and continues to be the anti-PC guy he's always been?

I say high 4th round and he's a steal. This is what I think will happen, BTW.

3) He's cultivating an innertube, blows off all but one workout (which he holds at OSU and barely gets through), keeps blowing smoke about his case, and has another spectacle of a press conference?

I say 7th round

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
1) He's in good shape, has a solid workout, drops his "lawsuit", and says all the right things?

I say mid 2nd round.

2) He's in average shape, has an OK workout, keeps his case on the books, and continues to be the anti-PC guy he's always been?

3) He's cultivating an innertube, blows off all but one workout (which he holds at OSU and barely gets through), keeps blowing smoke about his case, and has another spectacle of a press conference?

I say 7th round
I hope he does not get drafted at all. :violin:

jimmy40

Reaction score
ravidubey said:

I say mid 2nd round.

I say 7th round
He could buy every GM in the NFL 3 hours with Jenna Jameson and not be drafted in the second.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
He could buy every GM in the NFL 3 hours with Jenna Jameson and not be drafted in the second.
Not if I were a GM.
If I was a tub o lard like BP and got 3 hours with Jenna, he'd be a stone cold lock at 11.

Oh and he will NOT be holding his workout at OSU. I am about as certian of that as anything in life. LOL.

Oh and I think he's a round 3 to 5 pick depending on his conditioning which I expect to be mediocre.

Clarett really needs to go to the right situation. He needs a coahc who will make him a man. Maybe a Herm Edwards, Tony Dungy or Dennis Green. Not to be racial here but I suspect he has trust issues with white males.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
3rd round or later no matter what. I don't see him going in the first 2 rounds.

I wouldn't be heart-broken if he didn't get drafted either.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
If he were to go undrafted, how quickly do you think he could make it before the bench to sue? Especially if the USSC rules in his favor.

With the recent resignation of Andy Geiger, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that his allegations did have some basis in fact.

With that said, I expect him to go at the top of the 3rd to either Miami or Arizona.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
Quite frankly i could care less if he never plays a down in the NFL. I hope and pray if he does get drafted he is the very last pick in the draft and all the espn cameras are at his house or wherever he is staying just to see the look on his and his mothers face. Would be something to tape and cherish.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
He was scheduled to be around a 3rd rounder in a relatively weak RB draft last year. This is the most talented RB class in recent history, with as many as 15 backs with pro potential, after sitting out a year. I see him as a late Day 2 pick.

lkelly

Reaction score
Agree. Day 2 at best. This is a very deep RB class.

OSU's corruption aside, Maurice made his own bed. Now he can lie in it (cuddling under the covers with Jim Brown if he likes).

Kevlee06

Reaction score
lkelly said:
Agree. Day 2 at best. This is a very deep RB class.

OSU's corruption aside, Maurice made his own bed. Now he can lie in it (cuddling under the covers with Jim Brown if he likes).

Thats alot of hostility for a man who just wanted to get paid doing what he does best (like every other pro sports league).

But anyway. I'm hoping he's feverishly working out, getting himself in top condition. If he does that I see him going in the 3rd/4th round area. OSU was a much different and better team with him running the rock. He has alot of talent that I think teams wont overlook no matter whats been going on for the last year or so.

joseephuss

Reaction score
He will kill any hope he has of being drafte on day one if he doesn't get himself into top shape before the draft. If he was out of shape, then I wouldn't expect him to ever get in great shape. Take a pass if that were to happen.

I have never cared that he took money or whatever, but he should have been in shape last season. Sitting out two seasons with such a limited resume doesn't look good for most teams. Let the Vikings draft him. They need defensive help as usual and will spend their draft on more offensive personnel.