Where else would Dak be starting?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In NFC he’d be an improvement over Eli. But who else in NFC are you benching for Dak?

And in AFC.. maybe Buffalo or Cleveland ?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There's no other team in the league who needs a QB who doesn't have a developmental QB on the roster already....so Buffalo, Cleveland, ARZ are all out (and you can make a case for Tyrod). He might be an upgrade in Tennessee, but that's about it.

The league is so different than it was 3 years ago. There really aren't the QB deficiencies that there were.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There's no other team in the league who needs a QB who doesn't have a developmental QB on the roster already....so Buffalo, Cleveland, ARZ are all out (and you can make a case for Tyrod). He might be an upgrade in Tennessee, but that's about it.

The league is so different than it was 3 years ago. There really aren't the QB deficiencies that there were.
I forgot about Arizona . Yea, Dak might be starting there until Rosen is ready.

I think Tampa might have been one until Fitzmania took over.

And in Houston Watson may not be all they’d hoped.

But the bigger point is it’s a limited window which places Dak in the lower tier in NFL IMO.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jeebus ........ these silly *** questions.

If you mean if Dak was already on another team,then quite a few places, because that meas Dak was drafted by that team and hd the same Rookie year he had here.

If you mean what team would trade for him ........ I would imagine quite a few teams that did not already have a succesful young QB.

But you did not really want an answer ........ you just wanted to take some half *** shot at Dak.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If you mean what team would trade for him ........ I would imagine quite a few teams that did not already have a succesful young QB.
There are almost no teams who would trade for Dak to be a starter right now - anyone with a hole has a developmental QB. Just running down the list...

Miami - Tannehill
NYJ - Darnold
Buff - Allen
NE - TB12
Cinci - Dalton
Pitt - Roeth/Rudolph
Cle - Taylor/Mayfield
Bal - Flacco/Jackson
Jax - Bortles
Tenn - Mariota
Hou - Watson
Indy - Luck
WAS - Smith
Phil - Wentz
NYG - Eli
SEA - Wilson
LAR - Goff
ARZ - Bradford/Rosen
SF - Jimmy G
Den - Keenum
SD - Rivers
OAK - Carr
KC - Mahomes
Tampa - Fitz/Winston
ATL - Ryan
CAR - Cam
NO - Brees
GB - Rodgers
Chi - Trubisky
Min - Cousins
DET - Stafford

For a team to trade for a starting QB, they have to be playoff contenders and the QB has to be a considerable upgrade. Where is that true? Is Dak a considerable upgrade to Mariota or Keenum? Andy Dalton? I have a hard time seeing any of those franchises making that type of move.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I do not agree ......... Dak is a proven commodity and a team like the Chargers or Patriots wuld jump to get him on the roster when their old QB's hang it up or get hurt.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In NFC he’d be an improvement over Eli. But who else in NFC are you benching for Dak?

And in AFC.. maybe Buffalo or Cleveland ?
Most teams would have pimped out their mom for 2016 Dak, we'll see in a few weeks what they will do for him this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Most teams would have pimped out their mom for 2016 Dak, we'll see in a few weeks what they will do for him this year.
Thank goodness we have the memories from 2016.

I take it you don’t have any other teams he’d be starting for?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I do not agree ......... Dak is a proven commodity and a team like the Chargers or Patriots wuld jump to get him on the roster when their old QB's hang it up or get hurt.
I’m talking about what teams would he be starting ahead of their current QB.

So far we have Giants, Cardinals, Bills, Browns and maybe Titans.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well the thread is about where he would be starting...

There are probably 25 teams who would want him as a backup.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well the thread is about where he would be starting...

There are probably 25 teams who would want him as a backup.
Right.. I’d love him as a backup. I was so excited in 2016 we’d finally found a backup we could win with. Bought all the Dak gear, etc.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m talking about what teams would he be starting ahead of their current QB.

So far we have Giants, Cardinals, Bills, Browns and maybe Titans.
He might start at Highland Park, but not at Austin Westlake.