Which Is Longer...Which Is Worse??????

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The off-season after a Superbowl?

The off-season after a winning season, but no Superbowl?

Or the off-season after a losing season?

And which is worse.

Losing a play-off game when you know the team is in ascention and going to get better?

Or losing a play-off game after you have been great but just can't get there anymore?

Roughneck

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:

I'd say the off-season after a winning season, but no Superbowl. The off-season after a Superbowl is one that many fans want to relish/not let go of because, for every single second of that offseason, you can say without a doubt that your team is the best in the League. The off-season after a losing season is tough no doubt but option B just leaves so much anticipation for fans about the possibility of taking that final step.
And which is worse.

Losing a play-off game when you know the team is in ascention and going to get better?

Or losing a play-off game after you have been great but just can't get there anymore?
I don't know how anybody couldn't say the second one is worse. Your teams loses under both scenarios but option A has a bright future to look forward to while option B has to revel in the past until they reach that level of success again.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:

Definitely longer after a losing season IMO. Everyone gives you grief over the team and no one gives them credit for making good moves. No matter who we draft or sign, most people will still be sceptical and say "yeah but...".

And which is worse.

Again, definitely losing after you have been great. Partly because teams tend to hang onto aging stars and try to build around them, kinda like what we did, and partly because it is tough to watch your favorite players struggle and lose.

kmd24

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:

How about losing a playoff game after being great but never quite getting there? Maybe a Bills or Eagles fan can chime in here...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In seems longer to me when your coming off a losing season, it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth that you have to deal with all off season.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
it's all long to me, just a matter of winning the SB gives you something to smile about. And you get to see your season on ESPN :D

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd say the offseason with no super bowl, 8 long months to think about your failure the
year before, is torture on the mind..especially being a Cowboys fan, and knowing that
it's only pays to be the one on the top of the mountain

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I would say coming off a losing season.....having a better than excellent draft and off season.

The suspense of the upcoming TC is killing me.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:

I'm going to say off-season after a winning season, but no Super Bowl. My reason is because usually (not always, but usually) after any losing season, the draft is more exciting because of a high draft pick, or free agency is more active. So there's more to keep ya occupied. At least when you win the Super Bowl, you can always pop in the tape again, but if you have a winning season with no Super Bowl, it's even worse, especially if your team was just one game away from the big one or it was a surprising loss. (See 1994 NFC Championship or 1998 Wildcard :bang2: )