Which Position Coach needs replaced?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can name one right away, but i'd like for you to give your thoughts and reasons why! Ok i'll go first, I'd clearly say the OL. I read somewhere that the OL coaches scheme isn't really a scheme that fits our guys, he's more zone blocking coach I think I read (correct me if i'm wrong) or maybe it's reach blocking techniques. We need an OL coach that is smash mouth, and focuses on leverage! Please give your thoughts

quickccc

Reaction score
One would think all involved in OL unit ,run game, RB scheme would be subject to change.

OL Solari
RB Blasko
OC Schott

Simply put, we will be a utter repeat of what happened to OL and RBs if we keep the same ole status quo into 2024.
no matter who the RBs will be

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I can name one right away, but i'd like for you to give your thoughts and reasons why! Ok i'll go first, I'd clearly say the OL. I read somewhere that the OL coaches scheme isn't really a scheme that fits our guys, he's more zone blocking coach I think I read (correct me if i'm wrong) or maybe it's reach blocking techniques. We need an OL coach that is smash mouth, and focuses on leverage! Please give your thoughts
Oline
They definitely underperformed
Especially with their talent.

SackMaster

Reaction score
OL, and it ain't even close IMO.

I have no idea what happened, but the run blocking was absolutely atrocious in like 14 of 18 games this year. And it's not like teams stacked the box often as most teams played their safeties deep against us to stop big plays, and yet our RB were having to dodge defenders in the backfield way too often.

The pass blocking was average to good most of the year, outside 3 or 4 games, so that was good.

But we gotta fix the run blocking or we will continue to be too one dimensional and too easy to defend by teams that have good to great defenses.

JMHO

cristglo

Reaction score
OL DC
to have Martin Tyron n Tyler and we still couldn’t open any lanes

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
OL. they regressed the most

MyFairLady

Reaction score
All I ever hear about it how dominant our O line players are. Hall of famers. Paid like all star QBs. After the season the talk is about new O line coaches. If the core of the team is rotten you need a new core. Even my kids know enough not to blame their coaches for their short falls. How good they get and how they play is on them and how much they want it. These guys love to say that they are grown men and should be treated like professionals. IMHO they sure don't act like it.