Which QB is more effective in the REDZONE?

btcutter

Reaction score
Romo......the savvy veteran, all world QB who can read D and throws a perfect back shoulder fade to Dez.

VS

Dak......the young gun who have more agility now and can pose as a run option threat.

Caveat is ZEKE. Romo never had the luxury of playing with Zeke whom the D must respect which makes all pass actions so much more effective.

As much as I love Romo and I believe he would put up monster numbers in this offense (yes, better than Dak) I think Dak is a better Redzone QB for this team.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Romo......the savvy veteran, all world QB who can read D and throws a perfect back shoulder fade to Dez.

VS

Dak......the young gun who have more agility now and can pose as a run option threat.

Caveat is ZEKE. Romo never had the luxury of playing with Zeke whom the D must respect which makes all pass actions so much more effective.

As much as I love Romo and I believe he would put up monster numbers in this offense (yes, better than Dak) I think Dak is a better Redzone QB for this team.
Zeke

btcutter

Reaction score
Of course we all know Zeke is the engine that make this train run.

But will presence of Zeke make Romo all world? Especially in the redzone which this team in the past has struggled. Back shoulder fades are not exactly high percentage plays.

Maverick84

Reaction score
635798321360808299-991028240_anigif_enhanced-buzz-18736-1416332215-15.gif

NorTex

Reaction score
Until we see Romo play we won't know who's better. I do think Dak's rollout ability would give him the edge though, at least inside the 10.

erod

Reaction score
Romo is brilliant in the red zone.

Zeke makes the red zone more like the end zone. LOL

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
We've seen Romo with Murray.. who led a dominant rushing attack. He led the league in 2014

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hard to say but there are certain plays that I would feel more comfortable with Dak. QB sneak I would never call it with Romo and over his career Dallas seldom has.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The only solution is to create a Romo-Prescott hybrid. The technology is available overseas and Jerry has the cash. We shall call the creation--Promo.

Gameover

Reaction score
Fans.... Nobody worried about Murray? Stop it!! Murray was actually more power runner than Zeke. Stop it!!

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. Through 6 games Zeke has 704 yards. In 2014 Murray had over 780 after 6 games. Its like it never happened.

We've seen Romo with Murray.. who led a dominant rushing attack. He led the league in 2014

Proof

Reaction score
Until we see Romo play we won't know who's better. I do think Dak's rollout ability would give him the edge though, at least inside the 10.

Or see Dak for more than six games. I love him, LOVE him. But these loaded small sample size questions are so worthless.

Who's more effective on a per snap basis Irving or watt?

Gameover

Reaction score
throws a perfect back shoulder fade to Dez
He used too. Its been a while since he consistently threw a 'perfect' fade.

Dak has been good in the red since the Giants game, we'll see how Romo does.

btcutter

Reaction score
Fans.... Nobody worried about Murray? Stop it!! Murray was actually more power runner than Zeke. Stop it!!
Not disputing Murray was a good power back but Zeke can bounce outside and take it in with speed or power. That's a hard weapon to stop since D needs to commit.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Romo is brilliant in the red zone.

Zeke makes the red zone more like the end zone. LOL
over the years Romo has not been all that great in the redzone, I remember a lot of settling for FG's