CFZ Which UDFA Rookies Make the Team, Which Ones Don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Preseason isn't over. Preseason games is where we've seen players make the team.

Personally, I think a player like Jalen Brooks could make the team even without performing well in preseason, if he has good rapport and chemistry with Dak Prescott in practice, since Dak won't be playing the games.

Personally, still think Cropper could have a breakout game. All that guy needs is a role. I would like to see them give him one, even if it's in the slot. And I still believe Cropper is a baller who could play this year.

I think Luepke could make the team if they have a role for him, maybe even as the 3rd RB. Maybe they don't want to showcase him so much before playing him. Then again, maybe he still has to try to make the tam.

I think Land has a shot to hang around in some role. T.J. Bass is another player who intrigues me.

Mazi
Schoon
Overshown
Fehoko
Richards
Scott
Vaughn
Brooks

All of those guys likely make the team, although I'm not in a big hurry to move Armstrong, others insist he should stick around. I personally think there are situations to have Armstrong on the field, and I see him as a valuable rotation.

John Stephens has a chance. I like him against teams like the 9ers, because you have to account for him.

Fant, Durden and Bostick also have a shot to stick around. Not all of these guys have a chance, but those are the ones who I think have a shot at this point.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to say how the Cowboys will juggle those last few roster spots. Many UDFA's I like will end up on the PS. Probably more than I would like to see. We will lose some no doubt. Can't keep them all. Hard to see 8 draft picks and another 3-4 UDFA's make the 53.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It is going yo be very challenging for UDFAs to make the team. We simply have a lot of good players set on the roster.

I think TJ Bass is the best bet. Depth along the OL is vital, and if we cut him, he likely gets snatched.

WRs are common. Every year we think guys will get snatched but they pass waivers and land on the PS.

Hard to imagine us going deep at WR honestly. Lamb, Cooks, Gallup, Tolbert, Fehoko is a good 5 man rotation. Unless there is a WR that is also a ST maven, I doubt any of the others stick. If there is an injury, they can pull someone up from the PS.

Unless Stephens can beat out Hendershot and McKeon, I think he lands on the PS. Hard to go deep at both TE and RB. Schoon makes a 3 TE room likely.

Luepke would only land as a hybrid 4th RB/4TE/ST role player. Gonna have to be some cuts at RB— but again— many pass through waivers and land at PS.

We need to go long at the trenches and in the secondary. Depth there is the most valuable and injuries really can start to stack up.

Mcsports

Reaction score
It is going yo be very challenging for UDFAs to make the team. We simply have a lot of good players set on the roster.

I think TJ Bass is the best bet. Depth along the OL is vital, and if we cut him, he likely gets snatched.

WRs are common. Every year we think guys will get snatched but they pass waivers and land on the PS.

Hard to imagine us going deep at WR honestly. Lamb, Cooks, Gallup, Tolbert, Fehoko is a good 5 man rotation. Unless there is a WR that is also a ST maven, I doubt any of the others stick. If there is an injury, they can pull someone up from the PS.

Unless Stephens can beat out Hendershot and McKeon, I think he lands on the PS. Hard to go deep at both TE and RB. Schoon makes a 3 TE room likely.

Luepke would only land as a hybrid 4th RB/4TE/ST role player. Gonna have to be some cuts at RB— but again— many pass through waivers and land at PS.

We need to go long at the trenches and in the secondary. Depth there is the most valuable and injuries really can start to stack up.
My only bone to pick is Fehoko. Don’t mind seeing him walk. No waggle with that guy.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Preseason isn't over. Preseason games is where we've seen players make the team.

Personally, I think a player like Jalen Brooks could make the team even without performing well in preseason, if he has good rapport and chemistry with Dak Prescott in practice, since Dak won't be playing the games.

Personally, still think Cropper could have a breakout game. All that guy needs is a role. I would like to see them give him one, even if it's in the slot. And I still believe Cropper is a baller who could play this year.

I think Luepke could make the team if they have a role for him, maybe even as the 3rd RB. Maybe they don't want to showcase him so much before playing him. Then again, maybe he still has to try to make the tam.

I think Land has a shot to hang around in some role. T.J. Bass is another player who intrigues me.

Mazi
Schoon
Overshown
Fehoko
Richards
Scott
Vaughn
Brooks

All of those guys likely make the team, although I'm not in a big hurry to move Armstrong, others insist he should stick around. I personally think there are situations to have Armstrong on the field, and I see him as a valuable rotation.

John Stephens has a chance. I like him against teams like the 9ers, because you have to account for him.

Fant, Durden and Bostick also have a shot to stick around. Not all of these guys have a chance, but those are the ones who I think have a shot at this point.

I think John Stephens, Bass, Luepke, and Land make the 53. I think Cropper, Bostick, Durden, and Fant go to the PS.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Mazi
Schoon
Overshown
Fehoko
Richards
Scott
Vaughn
Brooks

I think Scott is headed for PS.
Brooks has to bring it in Seattle game and if not, then he is going to PS.

I think Bass has a good chance as UDFA,
Aubrey, as we don't really have another option at this point
If stephen shows up in Seattle too, he has a really good chance.
Luepke hasn't shown much. he is decent, but has to be really good at something, else he is also a PS player.

rambo2

Reaction score

Mazi
Schoon
Overshown
Fehoko
Richards
Scott
Vaughn
Brooks

I think it will be Aubrey, Stephens, and Bass.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Mazi
Schoon
Overshown
Fehoko
Richards
Scott
Vaughn
Brooks

I think Land has a real shot. If not, he will join the list of Danny Amendola, Chavarious Ward, etc.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Jalen Brooks has been looking good. Nice size too. He's the type of player for that #5 or #6 WR spot. In today's game, where a team often lines up 4 WR, keeping 6 on the roster is a must. Injuries happen at WR. Keep only 5, and you're a pulled hammy away from a problem. The team has 4 locks at WR. I would keep Brooks too. Either Cropper, Fehoko, or Houston needs to step up and push Turpin off. I'm not sure how much the preseason games will inform us, as these WR's will be working with Grier (yuck). The team will have learned a lot more on the practice field when these WR's are working with Dak.

They'll go short at TE (3). Schoon and Ferguson are locks. Up for grabs after that. Stephens seems to have come out of nowhere, but would the team really keep him over the more experienced TE's? Would another team pick up Hendershot? I doubt it.

RB is interesting. Really want to see something out of Luepke. I could imagine Pollard, Dowdle, Deuce, and Luepke- but if Pollard went down, that line-up looks awfully thin at the RB1 position. Neither Deuce or Luepke are starting, every down backs. They might try to sneak Luepke on the PS, but it would be sad to watch him get poached. I want to see a lot of Luepke tonight!

Bass is another player to watch.

McMicah

Reaction score
Jalen Brooks was a 7th round pick, btw, since I see his name mentioned a lot. I do expect him to make it over Simi for sure though!
I hope so. He needs to show he can translate his success to the games. Simi did more in game 1, but I bet Brooks puts it together in the next two games. He has more upside than Simi IMO

McMicah

Reaction score
Does anyone think that maybe Stephens will be a hybrid of TE4 and WR6? I just think Brooks is much less likely to get picked up than Stephens. Some teams have NOTHING at TE right now, and I’d hate to lose this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.