While you wait on the Cowboys

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The Panthers are dominating the Commanders and are up 14-0 early 2nd quarter.

Delhomme looked like an all star on the first scoring drive, making sidearm throws, wrist flicks with velocity, evading the rush to sling a TD pass to ....
who else?...Rod Gardner...hehehehe.

Commanders really have no offense to speak of...their only decent drive was mostly passes to the RB...I still like that Lydell Betts. Wideouts weren't getting open much, and when they did, Ramsey missed them.

Commanders defense isn't much either....only 4 CB's on the field to even play tonight....lol.

I know there are a lot of people who still argue Joe Gibbs will get it together, but I'm telling you that offense looks old, stale, and predictable...but then it usually was predictable...the difference is that now they can't just run counter-tre down your throat with their personel.

I"m so glad the Cardinals were moved out of our division so the Commanders could enjoy being the bottom team for a long time to come...hehehe.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Delhomme looked like an all star on the first scoring drive, making sidearm throws, wrist flicks with velocity, evading the rush to sling a TD pass to ....
who else?...Rod Gardner...hehehehe.

hehehe is right! "Core Commander" Gardner :D

Wayne, so the oline zone blocking ain't opening things up for Portis?

Ramsey still inaccurate?

I've been reading Campbell has been having a better camp than PR...

bring on the QB controversy!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
hehehe is right! "Core Commander" Gardner :D

Wayne, so the oline zone blocking ain't opening things up for Portis?

Ramsey still inaccurate?

I've been reading Campbell has been having a better camp than PR...

bring on the QB controversy!

The problem is that the Commanders just don't run a variety of plays, never have under Gibbs...it's always a delayed handoff. They started with Betts and then went to Cartwright...I haven't even seen Portis.

They also didn't start Sean Taylor #21, but he was in on special teams and just picked up a blocked fg attempt...he was racing for the right sideline and suddenly, inexplicably, stopped and cut back when the only guy in front of him was an OLineman...lol...then he ran sideways, changing his direction 2-3 times, going nowhere, then when he got tired, made an illegal forward lateral...lol.

They are just so unorganized and sloppy...Brunnel came in for the final 30 seconds (interesting) and made a very nice throw over the middle, but the Skins really just don't have much firepower...they'd better hope Portis is awesome this year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been scoping the Bills/Colts game. Indy's D looks better. I think Tony D got more of HIS players now. Guys is flying around.

Losman still doesn't look sharp to me. But it's way too soon to really judge his play.

Sidebar: Ricky Williams still got major game. Layoff doesn't seem to have affected him. Still juking folks out of their cleats.

Catch-22

Reaction score
The offense is usually predictable and dumbed down in the preseason, I wouldn't read into it that much

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
but the Skins really just don't have much firepower...they'd better hope Portis is awesome this year.

Wayne, not enough firepower?

Get with the program...Cooley is the most dangerous H-back in the league and Moss and Patten the fastest 1-2 punch on earth.

Portis loves to run between tackle as well as around, and Ramsey is going to EXPLODE this year.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
I can't understand why the Skins are giving Delhomme all that time to get the ball off. When the Skins finally blitz, they overshoot, or miss him. That said, the skins arenm't doing much to stop the pass play, knowing that Gardner is a threat.

Perhaps Gibbs is holding back the team for fear of injuries.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
I've been scoping the Bills/Colts game. Indy's D looks better. I think Tony D got more of HIS players now. Guys is flying around.

Sidebar: Ricky Williams still got major game. Layoff doesn't seem to have affected him. Still juking folks out of their cleats.

Right'o WG. Dungy sure does know what a good DB looks like, they are loaded back there.

And before the preseason is over I'm sure the R. Williams will be responsible for his share of injury settlements.

To me he actually looks like a better runner at his reduced weight. R. Brown better get in camp soon or sign a deal that isn't incentive laden because if Ricky keeps running like this he won't get many carries this season.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

Get with the program...Cooley is the most dangerous H-back in the league and Moss and Patten the fastest 1-2 punch on earth.

Portis loves to run between tackle as well as around, and Ramsey is going to EXPLODE this year.

You should checkout extremeskins. They're already benching ramsey for Burnell based on 3 passes for 38 yards against a 2nd team D. :lmao:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I can't understand why the Skins are giving Delhomme all that time to get the ball off. When the Skins finally blitz, they overshoot, or miss him. That said, the skins arenm't doing much to stop the pass play, knowing that Gardner is a threat.

Perhaps Gibbs is holding back the team for fear of injuries.
But Greg Williams is blitzing, right?

Sounds like they're just not coordinated yet.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

lmao....did you cut and paste that off extremeskins?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
But Greg Williams is blitzing, right?

Sounds like they're just not coordinated yet.

Right, if you say so, but in the overall blitz attack I saw a couple of plays where the effort broke down, and Delhomme threw a TD pass to Gardner in the back of the end-zone. In that ditched effort, Delhomme was being threatened by 3 Skin Defenders, and was on his way down when he threw the deadly pass to Gardner. That pass would never have happened if the blitz had been faster, and
Delhomme had been tackled.

The Skins looked better in the second half. Now, it wasn't as though the Panthers had such a superior offense, as it was the Skins' defense wasn't getting their assignments done, and not putting sufficient pressure on the Panther's QB.