Who all lost cell phone service today?

Hardline

Reaction score
8fe86ba62025a10090a3af0dc0d4724b.jpg

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
A lot of our students couldn't get logged in today because of the MFA we have in place. They couldn't get the text/push notifications.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I have service with a company that uses the AT&T network, but, strangely, my service was fine all day. I know others with the same carrier as me who lost service. I'm not sure how that's possible, but it's true.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I’m officially ruined and spoiled by GPS. I was driving from Atlanta to Louisville today, not that many highway changes, but decided to leave later in morning when GPS was back online, Paid for it too, had to come in on the tail end of that rainstorm going over the Midwest and South.

There’s still people who remember what it’s like to read maps, work on cars without computers, or communicate without a cell phone… but boy is this country royally #&@$#& whenever the next huge solar storm hits.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seems like a typical Thursday with outages :laugh:

Only like 50K were actually affected but I did like the many theories out there like a cyber attack or a Russian EMP.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
A lot of our students couldn't get logged in today because of the MFA we have in place. They couldn't get the text/push notifications.
If you're a MS shop, they should be using the MS Authenticator. MS is going to discontinue support for texting for MFA. Where I am, students aren't forced to use MFA. Our district believes students aren't smart enough. That's the only thing I can think of as to why they shouldn't be using it.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I’m officially ruined and spoiled by GPS. I was driving from Atlanta to Louisville today, not that many highway changes, but decided to leave later in morning when GPS was back online, Paid for it too, had to come in on the tail end of that rainstorm going over the Midwest and South.

There’s still people who remember what it’s like to read maps, work on cars without computers, or communicate without a cell phone… but boy is this country royally #&@$#& whenever the next huge solar storm hits.
If I'm driving a long way, I still plot a course and print up directions just in case the GPS goes out.

1942willys

Reaction score

Never have needed GPS. If it is a place hard to find I print out a map. Never have to worry about a map going offline

nobody

Reaction score
I almost wish there was a cyberattack that took out all cell services for a week....just to watch all of a certain age group and younger lose their minds.

1942willys

Reaction score
I almost wish there was a cyberattack that took out all cell services for a week....just to watch all of a certain age group and younger lose their minds.
heh heh heh
Watching all those losers with the phone surgically implanted going through cold turkey would be hilarious

Creeper

Reaction score
I didn't get any telemarketing calls all day so my services was better than usual!

Quickdraw

Reaction score
As funny as that sounds to be able to watch the meltdown in real-time, it would not be good for the security of the country if that were to happen.

1942willys

Reaction score
Kind of figured you were the horse and buggy whip type.
I started out with a Commodore 64 and have had computers ever since So I am betting I have a lot more experience with tech then you do
I simply acknowledge its limitations and deal with it better than many
for one I certainly do not have my phone surgically implanted like all too many do these days

rags747

Reaction score
I started out with a Commodore 64 and have had computers ever since So I am betting I have a lot more experience with tech then you do
for one I certainly do not have my phone surgically implanted like all too many do these days
Experience with tech in what way?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Probably don’t want to start with Commodore 64 to brag about your tech savvy. :muttley: