Who did the Defense beat up on?

MONT17

Reaction score
Not to rain on Wades parade but the Chuckys O is almost as bad as Brads O. Let's see, they have Joey n Antonio Bryant @ WR both played so poorly in Dallas that most ppl on this board would not trade them for Hurd n Miles. Ernest Graham had a nice rookie season but outside of Fantasy kids who r trying to survive the 2 back system in the NFL he has little game changing ability! Then they have the ALL WORLD (Mars) TE who will be working @ UPS when his playing days r done. Don't forget the guy who looked like Doug Flutie on Crystal Meth tweakin out because he was lookin 4 guys wearin 90s #s more than guys wearin #80s. On the bright side the Boys did not give up a TD to a ROOKIE WR (don't quote me on that stat) this week! the Giants don't have any rookie WRs, right?

parchy

Reaction score
The Bucs have one of the most formidable ground games in the league, a steady and improving O-line and a mobile QB thats beaten up on a few good teams this year. Bryant's been playing really well this year and Galloway is an ageless wonder whose afterburners still haven't gone out. And I've always thought Alex Smith and Michael Clayton were underrated, even though the latter has underachieved since his rookie year.

That was a good team our defense clobbered on Sunday. Don't look past that.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
The Giants O is a much more daunting task. If you hold any team in this league to 9 points and under 300 yards of offense you did well on defense. I don't care if it's the Detroit Lions with those #'s. Let's get something straight though, the Giants offense is much more balanced, efficient and can get yardage in any way possible.

They put points up and can control the game with their running game. They can attack you intermediately and deep. They do not waste opportunities offensively and make very few errors. This week is indeed a greater challenge than the Bucs especially with our current injury circumstances.

Now if I knew this team could play some defense, Romo, Felix, Newman, Kosier, Spencer and Witten were healthy I don't care who we would be playing. But no defense and not solid enough ST's play I don't care who is healthy, we're not beating anyone. Lets give ourselves a chance to at least score 21, Brooks has better odds than Brad at this point, and lets take care of business on the other 2 facets of this game. We have a chance then to win this.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
As Texas chairman of the September 28 Peasants Movement (GROW/GROS) I am no fan of either man. Whether led by Wade or with a little assistance by Stew, the defense passed the test.

This defensive unit sustained a very active passing attack by Garcia. Not only did the defense survive but they held the Bucs to 9 measly points. I have to take my hat off to the defensive team and what they did last Sunday.

But I knows what you means with the Giants coming up.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
we held an NFL team to 9 points with 3 kids at cornerback for most of the second half. that is impressive.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The Giants have better talent but essentially the exact same game plan will work against them that did against Tampa (And I suppose the vast majority of teams in the league for that matter). Stop the run and force Eli to beat you, without your team making any mistakes, and you've got a great shot to win. If the defense shows up again this week and plays at least as well as they did Sunday we'll be in this ball game to the very end.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
adamknite;2380745 said:
I believe, they were a top 10 offense going into the game.

They were. They were 8th in the league.

I love how every time we hold a team down, it's because they just suck, not because we did anything well.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
adamknite;2380745 said:
I believe, they were a top 10 offense going into the game.

Going into the game, they were eighth in yards per game, ninth in rushing yards per game, ninth in yards per rush, 14th in passing yards per game and fourth in lowest sack percentage allowed.

We held them to their lowest point total of the season, their lowest yardage total (by 45 yards), their lowest average gain per offensive play play (by 0.6 yards per play) and their lowest yards-per-rush average.

ringmaster

Reaction score
MONT17;2380735 said:
Not to rain on Wades parade but the Chuckys O is almost as bad as Brads O. Let's see, they have Joey n Antonio Bryant @ WR both played so poorly in Dallas that most ppl on this board would not trade them for Hurd n Miles. Ernest Graham had a nice rookie season but outside of Fantasy kids who r trying to survive the 2 back system in the NFL he has little game changing ability! Then they have the ALL WORLD (Mars) TE who will be working @ UPS when his playing days r done. Don't forget the guy who looked like Doug Flutie on Crystal Meth tweakin out because he was lookin 4 guys wearin 90s #s more than guys wearin #80s. On the bright side the Boys did not give up a TD to a ROOKIE WR (don't quote me on that stat) this week! the Giants don't have any rookie WRs, right?
The Rams, were dead last in most offensive statistical categories before they played Dallas, and look what they did to the same defense that stymied a pretty good Tampa Bay offense last Sunday.