Who do you keep: T.O. or Glenn?

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Appearently both T.O. and Terry Glenn are due big roster bonuses in March. Given that both players are aging, I suspect Jerry Jones will keep one or the other, but not both. I think We will be drafting a WR to replace the one we lose. T.O. has a hand injury and was not effectively used as a #1 WR. Glenn is coming off a knee injury and also disappered too often in some ritical games. So if you had to keep one player, which one do you keep? My personal choice would be T.O. for three reasons: (1) Romo seems to me to have a better professional relationship with T.O. than with Glenn, (2) T.O. can be scarry-good in Dallas is we bring in a new offensive coordinator who knows how to effectively use T.O. and (3) Glenn is an old-Parcells-guy, where T.O. is not, and the whole Parcells-old-fart-legacy is beginning to get on my nerves, much like it has the players.

So, who do you keep and why?

Frozen700

Reaction score
TO.....once his hand is better u will see a dominating Owens......

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Keep TO under his current contract. Re-work Glenn's contract.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1303428 said:
Appearently both T.O. and Terry Glenn are due big roster bonuses in March. Given that both players are aging, I suspect Jerry Jones will keep one or the other, but not both. I think We will be drafting a WR to replace the one we lose. T.O. has a hand injury and was not effectively used as a #1 WR. Glenn is coming off a knee injury and also disappered too often in some ritical games. So if you had to keep one player, which one do you keep? My personal choice would be T.O. for three reasons: (1) Romo seems to me to have a better professional relationship with T.O. than with Glenn, (2) T.O. can be scarry-good in Dallas is we bring in a new offensive coordinator who knows how to effectively use T.O. and (3) Glenn is an old-Parcells-guy, where T.O. is not, and the whole Parcells-old-fart-legacy is beginning to get on my nerves, much like it has the players.

So, who do you keep and why?

TO will be back. If Glenn's knees are ok, then we rework a more cap friendly deal.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
As I stated in the other thread:

Keep TO under his current contract and renegotiate Glenn's contract. He's not getting nearly $6 MM from any other team, he shouldn't expect to get it here.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think Glenn's deal is structured in such a way to force renegotiation - I don't think either side expects it to stand as it is written - What it does establish is what both sides agreed was a reasonable starting point for negotiating a new salary.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1303444 said:
As I stated in the other thread:

Keep TO under his current contract and renegotiate Glenn's contract. He's not getting nearly $6 MM from any other team, he shouldn't expect to get it here.

Didn't we JUST extend him in the offseason?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
stealth;1303454 said:
meh pay em both we are way under the cap regardless.

that extra moulah could be used to sign adalius thomas :D

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Since I am hoping that we let Owens go... I guess it would be Glenn.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
We extended Terry -- but any time you see a huge roster bonus due it usually indicates some sort of agreement to revisit the deal before the bonus

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1303493 said:
huh? noo we extended Terry glenn.....
Yeah, yeah...we extended both. Apparently my memory has gone to poo.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1303507 said:
lmoa...dont worry happeneds to us all

You mean like all the times many of us have said, "Jackie Harris dropped a sure TD pass from Staubach in SB XIII"? DOH!

Hasn't happened in a while but when Harris was playing for us in the early part of this century a lot of us stumbled on that one, including yours truly. :rolleyes:

arync

Reaction score
why would they sign them to big deals that are going to hurt the salary cap if they cut them. Both are coming back, Glenn cause he can fly and catch the ball most of the time. TO because he's a marketing dream. Dallas still leads sportcenter stories and they're out of the playoffs. The boys are the talk of the NFL and Jerry isnt going to let that get away, especially with a new stadium that needs to get paid for.