Who does the Cowboy Brass trust?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
OL-Bass, Richards, Hoffman, Wally, Ball (Odds are 1 on this list will be a starter next season)
RB-Dowdle, Duece, Davis (Who is the team's top 2 backs)
WR-Tolbert, Brooks, Turpin (Do they have a legitimate #3 receiver on this roster)
DT-Mazi Smith (Very little production, with just Carl Davis behind him)
DE-Sam Williams (Can they trust him to play a major role)
LB-Clark (Can he beat out a rookie to become the #3 LB)

Carson

Reaction score
OL - Bass will likely start, Hoffman will be pivotal at C/G depth

RB - Dowdle. Deuce, Davis are replaceable

WR - Tolbert should get solid WR 3/4 looks and Brooks jumps up. Turpin doesn’t change.

DT - Mazi better step up.

LB -Clark is good depth behind Kendricks. But he will be a backup this year

Cowboyny

Reaction score

WR - Tolbert should get solid WR 3/4 looks and Brooks jumps up. Turpin doesn’t change.

Remember, we will be starting 3 linebackers this season, not using that extra safety inside the box.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think the FO....

• likes Bass (he got thrown into the action pretty quickly),
  • doesn't trust any of our RBs (no one became Pollard's go-to spell guy, it was kind of a mishmash all year)
  • doesn't trust any of our WRs... not enough to start anyway.
  • will play Mazi because he's a 1st rounder, but the coaches clearly had little trust in him
  • don't know what the FO thinks of Williams, but Quinn's staff started limiting his role
  • likes Clark.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
How are you putting Overshown over Clark? I noticed A YouTuber doing the same thing. We don’t know what Zimmer thinks. I thought Clark played well with LVE.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
The draft will be telling. Look at last year. They had no idea that Ferguson would turn out to be that kind of player. If they did, they would have never drafted a TE in round 2. I don’t know what they FO thinks, but the DL is the weakest part of the team. Wont stop many teams with the way it looks today. A player like Murphy or Newton would do wonders for the team.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I actually think Clark will be a better Will than Mike. He can just fly to the football with more space to operate.

Doesn’t have the eyes instincts to man the middle.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I hate to say this but I'm not sure it matters who they trust. You list 6 positions that need starters but all potential replacements are 2nd/3rd stringers who would struggle to make other team's roster but we may need them as starters. As a matter of fact, putting this team together this season is more about quantity than quality. What is crazy is if you are elevating 2nd and 3rd stringers to starters .........where will that leave your depth? lol

Mr_437

Reaction score
OL - Waletzko n Ball are on the hot seat. Of course, Bass n Hoffman are solid IOL depth. Hopeful, Asim can take a leap.
WR - Tolbert was rotating as the WR3 by end of the season, so he's going into next season as a starter. Brooks, Bryant and Moreno-Cropper are interesting stories, but drafting a WR to challenge for the WR3 is ideal.
RB - Not expecting a game changer just someone to be a part time RB with Rico and Snoop. If Cowboys draft Tracy Jr. or Bucky...Deuce is out.
DT - Zim is bringing seasoned vets after the draft on 1 yr deals at NT is my guess. Mazi is an unknown. I'd draft Sweat, still, off talent alone.
DE - I think Sam plays better. Chauncey upping his game at LDE is on my radar.
LB - What draftee would start over Clark n Overshown at WILL? Cooper or Wilson is that all?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Believe it or not those idiots trust their WRs. They think they're stacked there.

They don't trust RB or OL.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
OL - Waletzko n Ball are on the hot seat. Of course, Bass n Hoffman are solid IOL depth. Hopeful, Asim can take a leap.
WR - Tolbert was rotating as the WR3 by end of the season, so he's going into next season as a starter. Brooks, Bryant and Moreno-Cropper are interesting stories, but drafting a WR to challenge for the WR3 is ideal.
RB - Not expecting a game changer just someone to be a part time RB with Rico and Snoop. If Cowboys draft Tracy Jr. or Bucky...Deuce is out.
DT - Zim is bringing seasoned vets after the draft on 1 yr deals at NT is my guess. Mazi is an unknown. I'd draft Sweat, still, off talent alone.
DE - I think Sam plays better. Chauncey upping his game at LDE is on my radar.
LB - What draftee would start over Clark n Overshown at WILL? Cooper or Wilson is that all?
I believe we will be starting a strong side backer as well. Also, need depth behind an aging starter in Kendricks and Overahoqn coming off an acl. Not a fan of Clark, but he probably rotates in.

We can realistically expect 1 starter for OL drafted, but what about DT and WR. Just so many holes and not enough picks, but this front office put this team in this situation.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I hate to say this but I'm not sure it matters who they trust. You list 6 positions that need starters but all potential replacements are 2nd/3rd stringers who would struggle to make other team's roster but we may need them as starters. As a matter of fact, putting this team together this season is more about quantity than quality. What is crazy is if you are elevating 2nd and 3rd stringers to starters .........where will that leave your depth? lol
Depth is going to have come from day 3 and undrafted fa. This is how the Cowboys always fill out their team and why they lose great production when a starter goes down