Who Is Performing During the Cowboys and Commanders Thanksgiving Halftime Show?

CCBoy

Reaction score

Who Is Dolly Parton?​

A storied rivalry matchup deserves an equally acclaimed artist, and the Cowboys delivered by tabbing the country music legend to handle the halftime show. Parton has sold over 100 million records worldwide over her 50+ year career, becoming one of the best-selling female artists ever.

She has had 25 singles top the Billboard Country Music charts, tied for the most by a female with fellow country superstar Reba McEntire.

Parton has composed over 3,000 songs, most notably “I Will Always Love You,” which topped the U.S. charts twice and then became an international hit when redone by Whiney Houston in 1992.

While primarily known for her music career, she was also an actress. A member of the prestigious EGOT club, Parton is also a member of the Rock and Roll and Country Hall of Fame. She’s invested much of what she’s earned back into East Tennessee through the Dollywood Company and provided better education to the same area with the Dollywood Foundation. Surprisingly, given her achievements, Parton has never performed at a sporting event before. When asked why, she explained, “When you think about those shows, those are big, big productions. I’ve never done anything with that big of a production. I don’t know if I could have.”

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...ist-cowboys-thanksgiving-halftime-performers/

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dolly Parton performs during halftime of an NFL football game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Commanders Thursday, Nov. 23, 2023, in Arlington, Texas. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I hardly watch half time shows but not this one It was an amazing show I did really enjoyed it so much
Dolly sound great and looking fine at her age

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Salvation Army is a Christian-based organization whose purpose is to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ while also meeting human needs.

Some of these needs that The Salvation Army meets include clothes, food, shoes, and toys.

The Cowboys' chief brand officer and executive vice president Charlotte Jones began this annual halftime show as a labor of love.

Jones is the first woman to serve as chair of The Salvation Army’s National Advisory Board and is the one who came up with the idea of turning the team’s Thanksgiving halftime into a full-blown event.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...l-how-dolly-parton-was-hired-for-thanksgiving

Scotman

Reaction score
Dolly is an amazing person both on the stage and off it. Terrific performer and humanitarian. She was an amazing choice for the half-time show.