Who is the defense going to double?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
TO?
Williams?
Witten?

How are they going to stack 8 in the box to stop the run?

Crayton should get tons of open looks in the slot. Barber, Felix, and Choice should have tons of room to run now. Double the outsides and Witten will eat you alive in the middle.

Now it is up to Garrett to open up the offense and get funky........I want to see a bunch of slants, crossing patterns, and go routes.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
This stuff always sound good on paper. Let's see how it works out. Initially, defense will keep doing what they are doing till Roy gives them a reason not to.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dmq;2341070 said:
This stuff always sound good on paper. Let's see how it works out. Initially, defense will keep doing what they are doing till Roy gives them a reason not to.

They will choose who they are going to force to make plays and fortunately for us we have a very talented team where any one of our weapons could make them pay.

nflandbooze

Reaction score
dmq;2341070 said:

I agree.

No offense is unstoppable, and the Cowboys are no exception.

I still believe tons of pressure is the first priority for any defense playing the Cowboys.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This will, ultimately, within a few weeks time make it impossible to double anyone because they're going to watch the other guys destroy them.

Witten was already catching 6 or 7 passes a game with just TO on the team so I imagine this has put a bright smile on his face with how many more open looks he could find himself having.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
nflandbooze;2341101 said:
I agree.

I still believe tons of pressure is the first priority for any defense playing the Cowboys.

IDK the Rams offense did win a superbowl a couple of years ago....

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I think you are gonna see the double team still be on TO. I think he will be feared more in burning a D deep on a heavy blitz. I'm totally fine with that too.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
nflandbooze;2341101 said:
I agree.

And this would be a different priority any defense has facing any offense?

sbark

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2341110 said:
I think you are gonna see the double team still be on TO. I think he will be feared more in burning a D deep on a heavy blitz. I'm totally fine with that too.

agree.....Teams will go 1 on 1 with their best corner on RW#11, and go over under with a safety rolling toward TO.......

at least until and if Roy#11 can prove he can bring it.......consistently

reddyuta

Reaction score
bj can get the ball out quickily and that should be his priority.

nflandbooze

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2341105 said:
IDK the Rams offense did win a superbowl a couple of years ago....

By scoring 23 points and having a pretty good defense to back them up. :)

nflandbooze

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2341117 said:
And this would be a different priority any defense has facing any offense?

And Green Bay's first priority was to put a ton of pressure on Romo all night long, which is why they constantly used 4 guys to do it?

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Owens has looked as quick and fast as I've ever seen him this year. He is a better more explosive player than 06 and 07.

I think most scouts and coaches who have prepared for him would agree. Although he has only caught 23 passes yet he has 5 TDs and 16.0 YPC.

I'm convinced he's seen more double teams than ever. Roy is going to draw his fair share of attention and Owens will catch more passes per game the rest of the way.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
That's one hell of a gameplan to stop...

TO
Roy Williams
Jason Witten
Marion Barber
Felix Jones
Patrick Crayton
Miles Austin
Martellus Bennett

Obviously they are not on the field all at the same time but as a defense, you have to prepare to deal with each of these players throughout the game.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2341085 said:
The "double team" is one of the most overused expressions in football.

right along with .....field goal, touchdown, first down, blitz, zone coverage, man coverage, etc..........whats your point? :rolleyes:

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
our offense will be that much harder to defend now but EXECUTION is crucial. that is our main weakness.

our offensive problems in our last 14 game swoon (preseason) is assisted by weak OL play, mistakes, penalties and turnovers. Roy doesn't help that.

right now our OL is a wildcard and keeping Romo careful with the ball.

assuming much improved execution, good play calling and no more injuries our offense mostly can only be stopped by itself :)