Who is this years top 10 bust?

Mike12

Reaction score
Since I didn't see enough of the Cal or Utah QB to make an assesment of their ability to be studs at the next level I was just wondering who everyone thinks will be this years big bust? Although I have not studied the draft enough yet I'll take a flyer and say it will be Cedric Benson. I know he's a big back and he's been consistent but when I look at him I see another Ron Dayne. I guess time will tell.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Mike12 said:
Since I didn't see enough of the Cal or Utah QB to make an assesment of their ability to be studs at the next level I was just wondering who everyone thinks will be this years big bust? Although I have not studied the draft enough yet I'll take a flyer and say it will be Cedric Benson. I know he's a big back
Do you now? At 6-0, 225 I wouldn't call him that. Hell, Ronnie Brown is taller and weighs more. Cedric is strong with some definite power but I don't think he's a big back. As a comparison:

Post-Senior Year, Pre-NFL Draft weigh in:
Cedric Benson 6-0, 225 lbs.
Ron Dayne 5-10, 259 lbs.

As for the bust of this year, I'll take Aaron Rodgers from Cal. I don't think he has a good enough head on his shoulders to make it in the League.

ghst187

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Mike Williams.

I think he'll either be a big bust or the ROY. Really hard for me to see him busting though with that freakish size and those hands. We'll see.
If we don't get him, I hope he's a huge bust.
In all liklihood, he'll be a Bear or a foreskin.

As for who I think will be the top 10 bust, it will be someone who jumped up the boards after the season was over and some team grabbed him because they had a need. I think there will be a few surprise top 10 guys.
Considering how teams can run right at (and over) DJ, i'm concerned that he could be a big bust. On the other hand he could be end up being the DROY in the right scheme and if teams don't figure that out.
But if I HAVE to make a pick now, i have to go with none other than Braylon Edwards. I know I know, he was amazing in the bowl game, literally took over and changed the game. But all too often, I've seen him run crummy routes which caused INTs, I've seen him drop easy ones after making the impossible, and I've seen the last 6 or 8 Michigan WRs that were all-world at U of M but struggled mightily in the pros. Braylon seems like a repeat of David Terrell IMO. The best U of M WR to come out in a long time was Amani Toomer and I don't think anyone here would care to trade for him...average at best. You have to go all the way back to Anthony Carter to find a U of M WR that was productive in the league and Mich has had an all american WR almost every year since, most of which went in the first round....bust.

ghst187

Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
Pac Man Jones

would be my second choice....just completely unimpressive in every game I've seen him. I'm aghast that people are putting him the top 10 in all the mocks.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
We'll see more top 10 busts this year than ever because there aren't 10 quality "can't miss" players in this draft.

I still have Benson going in the late 20's, but he'll end up a bust no matter where he goes.

If Derrick Johnson goes top 10, he'll be considered a "bust" by whatever team drafts him because he'll never be a difference maker in the NFL. I don't think he'll ever be considered above average at best because he vanishes too much.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Drafting Dan Cody in the top 10 automatically guarantees he'll be a bust.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
any of the QB's...none of them look like good prospects to me...in good QB drafts its unlikely any of this yrs group would even be a 1st rd pick, much less a top-10 pick

after them I'd be looking at Pac Man Jones

David

Roy3131

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
We'll see more top 10 busts this year than ever because there aren't 10 quality "can't miss" players in this draft.

I still have Benson going in the late 20's, but he'll end up a bust no matter where he goes.

If Derrick Johnson goes top 10, he'll be considered a "bust" by whatever team drafts him because he'll never be a difference maker in the NFL. I don't think he'll ever be considered above average at best because he vanishes too much.
I can tell someone doesnt like the longhorns. Stop being so biased because both these guys are going to become great NFL players. Both of them will be top 5 picks too probably. Give yer head a shake...

But i also think that adam jones will be a bust and possibly david pollack...

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
IF Dan Cody or Rolle go in top 10...I'd say one of those two will not live up to a top 10 potnetial...or even first round potential...

Rolle would make a great FS...but CB I question in the NFL.

Bobo

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:

He seems to have the best stats by far of any LB in a big conference that I see. And he looks comparable to big time LB's taken the last few years. I don't know he could vanish anymore than anyone else with superior stats.

Kevlee06

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
IF Dan Cody or Rolle go in top 10...I'd say one of those two will not live up to a top 10 potnetial...or even first round potential...

Rolle would make a great FS...but CB I question in the NFL.

IMO Rolle will be going to Pro Bowls soon. His shutdown of Larry Fitzgerald made my mind up.

But the DT from Florida St. Travis Johnson I think will be a top 10 bust.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Roy3131 said:
I can tell someone doesnt like the longhorns. Stop being so biased because both these guys are going to become great NFL players. Both of them will be top 5 picks too probably. Give yer head a shake...

But i also think that adam jones will be a bust and possibly david pollack...

I can tell someone is a horns fan. :D

That is a legit knock on DJ that he can't/won't take on blocks. I think he would be OK if he played weakside only and things were schemed for him a bit, but you have to be leery of a LB that doesn't like to take on blocks.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:

I guess I must be a Longhorn hater too. :rolleyes:

DJ disappears in big games. If you're a top college player, you should be at your best in the big games. Roy Williams (both NFL Roys) were. Johnson isn't.

Bobo

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:

DJ disappears in big games. If you're a top college player, you should be at your best in the big games. Roy Williams (both NFL Roys) were. Johnson isn't.

How many Texas games did you see? Just curious because I only saw a few where I payed close attention to him this year. He was a non factor in this year's bowl game (think he played some MLB? not his position), but I looked up the stats in just about every other "big" game of his career, and the stats are great.

wick

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:

Which games are you talking about? Please be specific.