Who Let The Brooms Out?

Manster68

Reaction score
WHO LET THE BROOMS OUT?
Big…Big…Big-Big D!!!

By Manster68
Cowboys Pride Staff Writer

I was born in the Englewood Hospital, Englewood, New Jersey. According to Google Earth, that is seven to eight miles away from the Meadowlands. I still have family in northern Jersey. So sweeping the Giants for me is very special.

Sunday afternoon, the Cowboys not only solidified a strong bid for the NFC Eastern Division crown, but also took a “giant” step toward a first round bye in defeating the New York Giants 31-20. Once again, the Cowboys went into a hostile environment and just kept playing. It wasn’t a perfect game played by Dallas, but they as they have all year, they persevered and lowered the boom in the second half. There is no doubt now as to who the best team in the division is. In the NFC though, there are still the Green Bay Packers.

After the Cowboys scored on the opening drive, the offense was fairly anemic for the rest of the half. It seemed like Jason Garrett had some difficulties making some adjustments as to what the Giants were doing on defense. The adjustments paid off late in the second quarter when Romo led the Cowboys on a beautiful 2-minute drill. He finds Patrick Crayton matched 1-on-1 and the former quarterback; from perennial football power Northwest Oklahoma State, made rookie Aaron Ross pay.

The pendulum of critical penalties swung at halftime. Dallas made three, absolutely inexcusable personal fouls that led the Giants to ten of their seventeen first half points.

Bradie James – slaps Brandon Jacobs after getting pummeled by him on the Giants opening drive. Granted, the two encroachment penalties helped sustain that drive as well, but James put them in the red zone.

By the way, on Eli Manning’s touchdown pass to Shockey on that opening drive, who noticed the hands to the face that Chris Snee had on the Rattler, Jay Ratliff? That drove me nuts.

What drove me nuts the most was that idiotic taunting penalty on Kevin Burnett. I absolutely lost it in my living room. I thought for sure Dallas was going to pay dearly for that. Dallas did pay as Tynes tied the game up at 17, but Romo bailed him out. If the Cowboys lost that game, I was all set to put the goat horns on Kevin Burnett.

The Cowboys are NOT going to win a world championship by being this stupid. Idiotic penalties will eventually cost them like they did against New England.

Then the third quarter began with another moronic penalty. This time it was Keith “Killer” Davis. Unbelievable…… just unbelievable!

The rest of the second half belonged to Romo and Owens. It just seems to me that Tony Romo has ice water in his veins. He could have easily gotten down after struggling some in the first half. His interception by Gabril Wilson was a horrendous decision, but that was about the only mistake he made yesterday. Threading the needle to Witten on 2nd and long was beautiful, as well as the sideline pass to Fasano. Yes, I did hold my breath as I thought Dockery had the pick.

However, the 25-yard touchdown pass to Owens was a thing of beauty. Owens is validating his $25 million dollar contract Jerry paid him in March of 2006. It is not just the passes he catch and the runs afterwards. His presence has opened up the offense to the point where the Cowboys only trail the Patriots. What a difference five years make, eh?

I have to share this with you concerning Owens first touchdown pass. When that touchdown happened, I got up out of my seat, waived my fists for a couple of seconds, and then punched my hand. However, when I brought my hand up to punch it, I brought it a little too close to my face and clipped my nose. YES! I PUNCHED MYSELF IN THE FRIGGIN NOSE! Needless-to-say, my wife and 7-year old enjoyed it thoroughly. Well, I am humbled to say the least; it was a good laugh though.

Let’s give some kudos to the defense to holding the Giants to 20 points in their own house with a plethora of stupid penalties. Yes there were some breakdowns, and Shockey played like an All Pro, but there were plenty of key plays the defense had that need to be mentioned.

All FIVE of those sacks were HUGE! Maybe the biggest sack came from Anthony Spencer (whom a few posters has already labeled as a bust). That killed the Giants offensive momentum in the first half and settled the game down. Of course, Ware’s sack the play before help set the next play up. Tank Johnson’s sack was crucial as well, and hopefully he will continue his play helping out Ratliff. Ellis and Canty cannot be forgotten. Hamlin’s interception should be credited to Greg Ellis.

With Newman and Henry back, the Giants attack focused on Shockey and rightfully so. Even though Roy Williams got exploited again, Dallas did well on the receivers. Hey, I thought the game plan was great. The Cowboys got in trouble with the stupid penalties.

I do NOT want to hear any more garbage as to who is the best quarterback in the NFC East. There is NO EXCUSE for a #1 overall quarterback, in his own house, to have THREE DELAY OF GAME PENALTIES, plus having to call a time out in the first quarter to avoid a fourth!!! Giant fans should be absolutely livid over this.

Also, who else was surprised that the Giants did not challenge Romo’s first touchdown pass to Curtis? I thought for sure that was going to be called back.

Oh yeah, what happened to Nick Folk’s kickoffs? I am glad his 44-yard field goal was perfect, though.

Hey, Dallas is 8-1 with two of three divisional road games behind them. Lay the hammer down on the Commanders next Sunday, and if Detroit beats the Giants, Maybe the Cowboys can lock up the division before December.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
If we play the Giants in the playoffs and complete a 3-game sweep I am mailing a couple of broomsticks with the 3 scores written on them to a few Giant friends.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DCC_sweep.gif

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Manster68;1760726 said:
I have to share this with you concerning Owens first touchdown pass. When that touchdown happened, I got up out of my seat, waived my fists for a couple of seconds, and then punched my hand. However, when I brought my hand up to punch it, I brought it a little too close to my face and clipped my nose. YES! I PUNCHED MYSELF IN THE FRIGGIN NOSE! Needless-to-say, my wife and 7-year old enjoyed it thoroughly. Well, I am humbled to say the least; it was a good laugh though.

:lmao2::bow::lmao:

Manster68

Reaction score
You would think at 43 years of age, I would calm down during games.

Guess not.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
I am ashamed to admit it, but I have physically harmed myself a celebrating a few times as well.:eek::

I wish I could have seen you punch yourself in the nose. :lmao2: :laugh2: :lmao: