Who needs a bye?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Granted. If you are an injured team, it can be a godsen.

I feel that this relatively young and inexperienced team does not need to be inactive for longer than a week.

All that time not playing would be consumed by the needless introspection and second guessing, endless story lines ("If you could be a Romo Tree, what type of Romo tree would you be?" "Are you looking forward to the game?")that come with a bye.

I say keep them active.

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Of course you would like a bye.

Chances are the team you get might be more beaten up and mentally exhausted than you bargained for.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Always want to get that "free win". Especially in the parody of today's game. One more game is just another chance for us to lay an egg. Not because we weren't focused. But because even good teams have to run into a wall at some point.

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1255641 said:

I feel that this relatively young and inexperienced team does not need to be inactive for longer than a week.

All that time not playing would be consumed by the needless introspection and second guessing, endless story lines ("If you could be a Romo Tree, what type of Romo tree would you be?" "Are you looking forward to the game?")that come with a bye.

I say keep them active.

I have to disagree with you.Getting a bye is very important.As good as the 93 team was,i don't think they make it to the super bowl,without the bye.Every once in a while a team like the 2005 steelers make it through,but they are the exception,not the rule.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score

I say keep them active.

Sorry, the bye is HUGE. Anyway, that Giants team has flat quit on Coach Spaz. Perhaps Carolina can give us a hand next week.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I will take the bye. Also I would like to not have to play the giants again, and a side note the rams are a terrible matchup for us....

Now the packers however, if we could get them into that 6 spot, that would be interesting. Bring on the packers.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Give me the bye.....Check the stats, I would bet they favor the teams that start the playoffs w/a bye.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

I say keep them active.

this is ridiculous...teams with the bye are FAR more successful in the postseason...its ALOT easier to have to win two games to get to the Super Bowl rather than 3

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;1255676 said:
I will take the bye. Also I would like to not have to play the giants again, and a side note the rams are a terrible matchup for us....
Now the packers however, if we could get them into that 6 spot, that would be interesting. Bring on the packers.

I totally agree...we could probably score on them and move the ball, but Bulger would eat this horrendously coached defense alive...if you dont rush him he puts up monster numbers, and we dont rush anybody

David

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I hear you. The ghost of Tom Landry hears you. The world hears you.

The people, with their acumen and wise and practical approach to football (such as it is) have spoken!

We need a bye. Bring them on later.

mill02.jpg

Now remove your unruly mob with torches and pitchforks from my domicile!

Oh, yeah, bring it on, Eagles.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score

I say keep them active.

This is just a theory

But I think Parcells would disagree with you.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think some times the lack of play does disrupt a team's rhythm.

But the pros outweigh the cons by a lot.

Gimme the bye. That's one of the more important goals teams play for all year. Then they can afford to rest certain players.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Well, I want the bye, but I wouldn't be 100% confident it's the best thing either. Not for this team. Everytime this team comes off a bye, or a longer than usual break, they don't come out fresh and strong, they come out weak and flat. And not just this year either. It's a disturbing trend, one which makes the bye something we may want to be careful what we wish for.

Viper

Reaction score
Give me the bye, it's huge. It's gives all the players a time to recoup, heal from irratating injuries.