Who should go to NFLE? and does it really help?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Should we send Watkins over to NFLE? If so... will it help? and who else should go?

Hurd? Miles?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
How about that O-lineman we picked up Joe Berger, maybe it will help him some, Also Quicny Butler the CB from TCU who was on the practice squad all year. Matt Baker?.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Roy Williams, Bradie James, & Marcus Spears:D

On a serious note, no it doesn't help.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I dont think it really helps a production stand point, it does help with the Roster exemptions we get. But that is about it.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Matt Baker QB
Damarius Bilbo WR
Jamaica Rector WR
Carlos Martinez K
Carl-Johan Bjork LB
Keylon Kincade RB

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1316297 said:
Matt Baker QB
Damarius Bilbo WR
Jamaica Rector WR
Carlos Martinez K
Carl-Johan Bjork LB
Keylon Kincade RB

Keylon isn't on the team anymore, and Damarius has been moved to S, and dont' we have an Olineman on the PS? he should go

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;1316293 said:
I dont think it really helps a production stand point, it does help with the Roster exemptions we get. But that is about it.

Ya, that's the only reason teams still send guys. Wouldn't doubt if it's gone in a few years. I watched several games this year and about half the players are now foreign. For the first few years it was all NFL players. Now they can't get teams to send anyone.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1316300 said:
Keylon isn't on the team anymore, and Damarius has been moved to S, and dont' we have an Olineman on the PS? he should go

I just took a few names off the Cowboys Official Site that were on the practice squad. They did not have any OL listed but then again, if they had Kincade listed and he's not on the team then they probably are missing something.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
So... playing REAL NFLE games is not more benecifial than TC or practice? Thats what I am getting for the most part from posters on this thread....

I would think that real time game repetitions would only help...

munkee

Reaction score
If Parcells is around, then he will most likely send LB and DE's. Possibly a cb or O-Lineman. I wouldn't be surprised if Parcells signs a few guys off the street to go to NFLE. I seriously doubt Baker will go. From past seasons, Parcells is very reluctant to send players to Europe that he feels have potential. This is especially true of the QB position.

As for if it matters. I've always hope it will make a difference, but I just haven't seen it. I'm sure it helps on the individual level, but it doesn't see to help on the team level.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
YoMick;1316215 said:
Should we send Watkins over to NFLE? If so... will it help? and who else should go?

Hurd? Miles?

I don't really think anyone that made the roster this year should go. Especially not our starting free safety.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
YoMick;1316215 said:

Hurd? Miles?

I can give you a list of a dozen likely prospects, though it's unlikely the Boys will send more than 3 or 4 of them (they don't seem to be particularly vigorous fans of NFLE):

Matt Baker, QB... 6-2, 210 pounds... honestly, I don't think the Boys will send him over there...

Jerheme Urban, WR... 6-3, 210 pounds... as a 3rd year vet, I also consider him rather unlikely...

Tony Curtis, TE... 6-5, 265 pounds... NFLE might be his best chance to prove he belongs in the NFL...

Andy Thorn, TE... 6-5, 250 pounds...

Joe Berger, OG... 6-5, 306 pounds...

Cory Procter, OG... 6-4, 306 pounds... this is a Parcells favorite, so he probably won't be headed to Europe...

Montavious Stanley, NT... 6-2, 310 pounds... might be a good way to get him in playing shape for next season...

Stephen Bowen, DE... 6-5, 300 pounds... unless some team in NFLE is running a 3-4, there might not be much point in sending Bowen over for more experience...

John Saldi, LB... 6-4, 240 pounds... I've already read a rumor that Jay's son will be one of the players the Boys designate for NFLE...

Quincy Butler, CB... 6-1, 195 pounds...

Joey Thomas, CB... 6-1, 195 pounds... a most intriguing "futures" signing, I'd like to see him get some playing time over in Europe...

Damarius Bilbo, S... 6-2, 220 pounds... making the switch from WR, some time in NFLE might be just what he needs to get his feet wet at his new position...

All of these are fringe players, who could use a showcase for their skills... but again, the Boys aren't all that enthusiastic about supporting this league... I wish they were, but they're not...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I would send

QB Baker
TE Thorn
OG Berger
LB Saldi
CB Thomas
S Bilbo

3 Offensive, 3 Defensive....all young guys who need to prove they are worthy of a camp spot as well as potential roster or practice squad spot.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;1316464 said:
I don't really think anyone that made the roster this year should go. Especially not our starting free safety.

Is that a concern for his health? or just not into sending him....

Repetition-wise it could help him, no?