Who thinks Jerry

playmakers

Reaction score
Is not making any changes just to give it to the media. For example, "we cant win with Wade Phillips, ehh, Ill show you." Or, the same quote subsuiting Jason Garret and TO in the same sentence. If he fires any of those people he would be looked at as a failure. Basically, hes being a hard head right now. Just my two cents. Its not the best for the team but theres a mini battle going on between Jerry and the media. Opinions

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I think Jerry is between a rock and a hard place on this one

Wade only had a 3-year contract

firing him after 2 doesn't look that good

plus hopefully he figured that he, himself, was a bigger problem than Wade not being HC material...hopefully

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
If there's a mini-battle going on between Jerry and the media, our problems are even worse than we imagined.

Jerry can't be making personnel/coaching decision based on what the media wants or doesn't want. And that works both ways -- he shouldn't fire Wade just because the media wants him gone, and he shouldn't keep him just to stick it to the media.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Jerry is probably thinking injuries did us in.

1) Kosier then Holland.
2) Romo
3) Felix

Those 3 were killers. If all Jerry did in the off season was get us a new back up QB and we could avoid the injury bug, we won't be in as bad a shape as many seem to think.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2599007 said:
Jerry is probably thinking injuries did us in.

1) Kosier then Holland.
2) Romo
3) Felix

Those 3 were killers. If all Jerry did in the off season was get us a new back up QB and we could avoid the injury bug, we won't be in as bad a shape as many seem to think.

we probably still fade and get bumped in the 1st round

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
playmakers;2598992 said:
Is not making any changes just to give it to the media. For example, "we cant win with Wade Phillips, ehh, Ill show you." Or, the same quote subsuiting Jason Garret and TO in the same sentence. If he fires any of those people he would be looked at as a failure. Basically, hes being a hard head right now. Just my two cents. Its not the best for the team but theres a mini battle going on between Jerry and the media. Opinions
I don't.

I think Jerry is evaluating the injury situation, the distractions, and the personnel. He doesn't have time to joust with the media.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2599017 said:
I don't.

I think Jerry is evaluating the injury situation, the distractions, and the personnel. He doesn't have time to joust with the media.
since when?

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Stephen Jones should talk his dad into letting him become owner. Then Stephen should say to his dad he will let him be the GM of the franchise. Then Stephen should fire Jerry from the GM spot and hire Mike Holmgren. That will solve our problems.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Yoshimitsu;2599031 said:
Stephen Jones should talk his dad into letting him become owner. Then Stephen should say to his dad he could be the GM of the franchise. Then Stephen should fire Jerry from the GM spot and hire Mike Holmgren. That will solve our problems.

it would be easier for Stephen to just commit daddy

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2599034 said:
there are many entrances to a Jerry joke
and the one hos made was like this big. I said i had to take the shot
bedeilhacCloseUp.jpg

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Yoshimitsu;2599031 said:
Stephen Jones should talk his dad into letting him become owner. Then Stephen should say to his dad he will let him be the GM of the franchise. Then Stephen should fire Jerry from the GM spot and hire Mike Holmgren. That will solve our problems.

Careful.

The Devil you know is often better than the Devil you don't know.

The Apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree.

Like Father, like Son.

I'll stick with Jerry. At least I know Jerry wants and loves this team. Stephan on the otherhand though, who really knows what he thinks of this thing he's one day going to inherit? The dude could literally turn right around and sell it, or worse, up and move the team completely. Hollywood Cowboys, anyone?

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2599032 said:
it would be easier for Stephen to just commit daddy

Hey, this is Dallas, but it's not Dallas the TV Show. Lol. Though something like that would be classic. However, classic in, that with one fail swoop Stephan comes in and instantly out does every outlandish thing his father has ever done, combined. It would be baited-breath, what is next?