Video: Who were the 7 QBs drafted before Dak?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Let us all thank the Broncos for jumping ahead and drafting Paxton Lynch before the Cowboys could. :laugh:

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Man I remember being down we missed Lynch and Cook

I remember that as well but I was happy with the Dak pick. I was at work that Saturday and checked my phone for the 4th round pick and was pumped about the selection. Never thought he’d end up being the best PLAYER in that draft tho.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Paxton Lynch
Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Connor Cook

John813

Reaction score
Funny, remember reading some tweets after round 1 that the team could pick Prescott in round 2. I didn't get it but in hindsight probably would of been better to take him in round 2 instead of Smith.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Paxton Lynch
Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Connor Cook
Looks like we got lucky. Was no telling. Like Romo and brady. Not comparing him to them but who would have known brady would turn out to be the goat. I think at the time Wade Wilson (RIP) was the only one wanting Dak and excited to get him.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dallas lucked out picking Dak. Nobody knew he was going to be this good or the other ones bad. Drafting a decent quarterback is a crap shoot & Dallas happened to get the best one.

Love him or hate him, he's a future HOFer. BOOM!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Turns out finding a great QB that can put your franchise in a position to compete for championships is extremely hard to find.

Which is why QBs get paid a ton of money. It’s the market “supply and demand”. The demand for even a decent QB is extremely high but the supply is very low. THAT is what drives up the price. Never could get half of this forum to understand that.
Dallas lucked out picking Dak. Nobody knew he was going to be this good or the other ones bad. Drafting a decent quarterback is a crap shoot & Dallas happened to get the best one.

Love him or hate him, he's a future HOFer. BOOM!
If Dak wins a SB and plays 8-10 more years at his current production level, he has a shot at the HOF.