Who will air the draft his year?

acheman

Reaction score
I heard Rich Eisen say the NFL draft would be on NFL Network this year. Will it be on both ESPN and NFL Network, or just NFL Network? Anyone know?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think ESPN has exclusive rights to the draft.
But NFL Network will probably have its own war room.

Television contract likely prohibits NFL Network from bradcasting the "live" announcement. But that doesn't preclude NFL's own war room and analysis providing feedback on draft picks or even interviewing players.

At least, that's what I think.

acheman

Reaction score
"In addition to the NFL Total Access Schedule Show Presented by GMC, NFL Network features live, gavel-to-gavel coverage of Day 1 of the 2006 NFL Draft, as well as exclusive live coverage of NFL Europe games this April"

Thanks BigDFan5, that answered most of my question.

Took the above excerpt from the post about the NFL schedule being announced this Thursday on NFL Network, if only I would have waited a couple of more minutes I could have answered the other part of my own question.:)

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
If only i had NFL network... Then I could avoid Mel Kiper's annoying voice and hair...

acheman

Reaction score
But the post says NFL Network is covering Day 1, so you would still need Mel on Day 2 in all his glory.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
acheman said:
But the post says NFL Network is covering Day 1, so you would still need Mel on Day 2 in all his glory.

I've learned to live with him. He's fine until he gets into those 2-3 minute spiels at 900 words per minute.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
acheman said:
I heard Rich Eisen say the NFL draft would be on NFL Network this year. Will it be on both ESPN and NFL Network, or just NFL Network? Anyone know?
This year is going to rock because it will be on both channels, though NFL Network is only doing coverage for day one.

Unfortunately, I booked an "off-season" vacation last year (weekend trip to Paris with my wife) and I completely forgot about draft weekend. Who wants to volunteer to send me text messages after every pick? :eek::

:banghead: