Who will Dallas play on Thanksgiving next year- Raiders or Chargers?

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
According to the rotation of interconference matchups,

the two teams from the AFC that will visit Dallas are the Chargers and Raiders.

Which of those games will be on Turkey Day?

I know San Diego seems like a no-brainer, but last year, the inferior of the AFC teams that came to Texas Stadium got the Thanksgiving slot (Jets), not the Pats, so I could be wrong.

Boysboy

Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2454711 said:

I know San Diego seems like a no-brainer, but last year, the inferior of the AFC teams that came to Texas Stadium got the Thanksgiving slot (Jets), not the Pats, so I could be wrong.

Problem is that they're BOTH almost equally bad.

Why not the Raiders this time around...just Al Davis' presence will ump the ratings a bit, IMHO.

BTW-the Pats played a T-Giving game against the Lions in '02...I would think the networks would want to spread the wealth around a bit.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either way, it'll be a slaughter.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Sarge;2454747 said:
Either way, it'll be a slaughter.

In todays NFL we could be playing a undefeated Chargers or Raiders team. I just cant figure it out anymore.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2454711 said:

I'm going to assume it'll be the Raiders.

Why?

CBS loves the Cowboys as much as FOX and would rather have the Cowboys for a marquee game. The Cowboys only have two chances to play on CBS next year (San Diego and Los Angeles). They'll likely want to protect the Chargers-Cowboys game as a Sunday double-header game and feature the "lesser" game - if a Thanksgiving game could be considered a "lesser" game.

Remember, last year, the Cowboys played the Jets on Thanksgiving while CBS chose the Pats-Cowboys game as its headline game.

At least, that's my guess.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Probably the Raiders. Hopefully they'll be even worse off by then then they are now.

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2454861 said:
last year, the Cowboys played the Jets on Thanksgiving while CBS chose the Pats-Cowboys game as its headline game.

I have the same theory as well!