Who will run the fastest 40 yard dash at the combines, 20 names to know

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Would love to draft Jalen Wright.......

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/fred-warner-25169/

2024 NFL Scouting Combine: Who will run the fastest 40-yard dash in Indianapolis? Twenty names to know​

Published: Feb 28, 2024 at 08:09 AM

If you want to be the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine 40-yard dash king, you're probably going to have to run that distance in under 4.3 seconds.
John Ross' combine record of 4.22 seconds has held up for six years running, but seven other NFL prospects have run sub-4.3 40-yard dashes since then. And a handful of prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft class might be able to hit the 4.2s this week in Indianapolis.
Typically, the fastest sprinters come from the wide receivers and defensive backs, with running backs a distant third, and this draft crop is no different. That said, this year's competition appears wide open.
One top candidate, Iowa CB Cooper DeJean, reportedly is still rehabbing from injury and won't run or work out at the combine. Miami WR Tyler Harrell, one of the fastest men in college sports, will have to wait until his pro day to run, as he wasn't one of the 321 prospects invited to the combine.
So, who will be the '24 combine's sprinting champ? Here are 20 of the top names to watch.

1942willys

Reaction score
I wish some of those that love stats and things like that would research the 20 fastest 40 times in the history of the combine and see how many of those actually were top football players in the NFL

I am willing to bet less than half

cnuball21

Reaction score
I wish some of those that love stats and things like that would research the 20 fastest 40 times in the history of the combine and see how many of those actually were top football players in the NFL

Sure, combine numbers aren’t the end all be all but they are ann important piece of the puzzle as there is a direct correlation for certain positions and tests to success.

Ex - almost every top CB in football ran a sub 4.5 40.

rambo2

Reaction score

I have a feeling that Braden Fiske and Payton Wilson will be top football players.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
they should track how fast we like to kick FG's every game

1942willys

Reaction score
Sure, combine numbers aren’t the end all be all but they are ann important piece of the puzzle as there is a direct correlation for certain positions and tests to success.

Ex - almost every top CB in football ran a sub 4.5 40.
I remember a lot of players with great 40 times that were only athletes and not players
Randall Williams comes to mind; he was blazing fast but did little

cnuball21

Reaction score
I remember a lot of players with great 40 times that were only athletes and not players
Randall Williams comes to mind; he was blazing fast but did little
Sure...and you can also look at the top 10 players of just about every position and there is a correlating testing number that is very high among about 90% of them.

1942willys

Reaction score
Sure...and you can also look at the top 10 players of just about every position and there is a correlating testing number that is very high among about 90% of them.
So what? More failures than successes show that number is not very meaningful