Who will you be focusing on in tonight's game vs 49ers?

Woods

Reaction score
For me, I'm very interested in

1. Miles Austin - I'd like to see him have a very good game. I think it would help his confidence and the team's confidence at the WR position. He has every chance to shine tonight, and we're going to need him as our deep threat at the very least.

2. Stanback - Right now, I think the Cowboys take Ogletree between the two. But I'd like to see Stanback succeed and at least force the Cowboys to make a difficult decision.

3. On the OL, T Bright. He's potentially a guy we could develop, plus he's cheap. I'm not expecting much from Preston this game as he's still learning the playbook.

4. Free - I think he's played pretty well the first two pre-season games. There's a good chance we've got our LT of the future - or at the worst - a very good swing tackle/depth. (I'm not against drafting a top calibre OT in Round 1, regardless.)

5. S Octavien - Can he do it two weeks in a row?

5. J Williams - Has the light bulb really come on (according an article posted on him a few days ago)? We all know he has the athleticism, and just needs time. It would be great if he's ahead of schedule.

6. Mickens - Are we going to need to pick up a 5th CB after the final cuts, or can Mickens assume the role?

newlander

Reaction score
Good thread man. You've hit everyone I'm going to be looking at: plus Carp. Want to continue to see some signs of life from him: my top 5

1) Austin
2) Bright
3) Ogletree
4) J.Williams
5)Scandrick/Carp

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Woods;2909475 said:
1. Miles Austin - I'd like to see him have a very good game. I think it would help his confidence and the team's confidence at the WR position. He has every chance to shine tonight, and we're going to need him as our deep threat at the very least.

Unlike some, I am not really worried about Austin. As long as he is healthy he has shown he can make plays, and right now he is healthy.

2. Stanback - Right now, I think the Cowboys take Ogletree between the two. But I'd like to see Stanback succeed and at least force the Cowboys to make a difficult decision.

If Stanback doesnt do anything tonight, I suspect its over for him. With RW and Hurd both possibly out, one of the young guys is gonna get some time with the starters. If its Ogletree we see early, might give a real hint at a decision already made.

3. On the OL, T Bright. He's potentially a guy we could develop, plus he's cheap. I'm not expecting much from Preston this game as he's still learning the playbook.

Agree

4. Free - I think he's played pretty well the first two pre-season games. There's a good chance we've got our LT of the future - or at the worst - a very good swing tackle/depth. (I'm not against drafting a top calibre OT in Round 1, regardless.)

Free's been impressive. I'm anxious to see him vs Minny next week because he might actually get the start there and play most of the game.

5. S Octavien - Can he do it two weeks in a row?

Certainly opened eyes last week. Looks like a solid backup to me.

5. J Williams - Has the light bulb really come on (according an article posted on him a few days ago)? We all know he has the athleticism, and just needs time. It would be great if he's ahead of schedule.

Agree again.

6. Mickens - Are we going to need to pick up a 5th CB after the final cuts, or can Mickens assume the role?

I think he's headed to the PS.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Ogletree, I wanna see this kid make the team. He has so much more fluidity than stanglass...:starspin

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Rowdy. I say if he doesn't bring it tonight, we cut him.

Oh yeah, McBrair also. If he's so weak he can't hit the jumbotron, time to find a new punter. :laugh2:

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
After Scandrick abused our wr's I'm interested to see him start and see how many SF wr's he hurts tonight :)