Who would you pick

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Holmes. I think he by far is the best WR coming out in this draft. He runs really good routes, is extremely fast and is a plus on special teams

ghst187

Reaction score
I think Holmes is the only one of the choices that represents good value for the pick at 18. He's the best WR in this draft and can make the big play and return kicks. Good player. Not sure that 18 is a little high for any of the rest of the guys there save Cutler (whom we don't need and is a little overrated) and Kiwi (whom I don't think fits our scheme that well).
Carpenter would get some votes, but depending on his workout at the combine, 18 could be a little high for him too. He's probably the best fit for us though. Of course, if we could get Lawson in the 2nd, I'd prefer that to Carpenter in the 1st.

jbsg02

Reaction score
I chose Winston Justice, a RT who is athletic and could help our line a lot.

That being said a few names on there I'd HATE to pass up and wouldn't question them being picked if they were there aince this draft is deep at OT.

Ngata seems like a perfect fit at DT.

Ko Simpson could be the next great FS.

dwmyers

Reaction score
gollum said:
If all were available at #18?

Just one linebacker available at 18? Of the people remaining, I'd probably go McNeil, but I'd rather have a pass rusher out of the first round.

ghst187

Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
Ngata seems like a perfect fit at DT.
QUOTE]

three words: MAJOR KNEE INJURY
also injured in bowl game...knee
will be recurring theme IMO. That's the only thing I don't like about him.
Think about Leon Lett before his knee injury and after.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Mcneil for me, but will wait to see senior bowl.Would love to see our scouts work-up on him.

MDCowboy

Reaction score
Greenway. Defense wins championships and he makes a nice bookend with Ware.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
McNeill has injury issues. Can't make a determination on him until you know exactly how the back turns out.

Winston was possibly the third best tackle in College in 04 behind Gallary and Ferguson before the injury. Last year was a down year but because of the knee injury, his play fell off last year. He could be a steal because of it.

Scott has everything you need physically but he was not dominating IMO. I think he could have done more. Not to say he is not a good player but I like others better.

Justice, to me, is a major risk. Hasn't really played a lot of football, hasn't faced great compatition at DE on a regular basis, IMO, and has character issues. I wouldn't take him in the first round.

Santonio Holmes is not a go to WR IMO. He is a big play WR but don't know about a go to WR. He is certainly fast. The question is, how big is he really? Is he 5'11 or is he 5'7?

Jay Cutler is very interesting IMO. He has injury issues as well but the ability is certainly there. The question you have to ask yourself is, "Could a Brett Favre type QB work for Parcells?" I think the answer is no. His mentality does not fit what Parcells likes to do on offense. I don't think he's a fit.

Kiwanuka I see as a 43 DE. He's an outside speed rushing guy. I don't know how well he covers so I don't know how he fits into a 34 OLB scheme. I would rather look at other LBs. Now, if were going to play 43, then this is my guy.

Greenway would be an ideal guy to match with our LB corps. He's got everything you need and then some. Not my favorite LB in this draft but certainly not a bad player if available.

Ko Simpson is not the top FS prospect on the board IMO. This is a very deep draft for FS prospects and I see no good reason to spend another 1st round pick on a DB. There are other options available that make more sense, IMO. Unless it's Huff and we're in love with him to the point of viewing him as the second coming of Ed Reed, there is no reason to spend a 1st round pick on a safety. In fact, any DB IMO.

Ngata is a very interesting player. How badly is he injured? If he's not injured too badly, then he would probably be worthy of a pick at 18. To me, the question becomes, is he best suited to be a 34 NT or not? He's 6-5, which is tall for a 34 NT but not unheard of. Personally, I think his skills fit a 43 better but he could work in a 34. If we're going to continue to use this half in, half out approach on the 34 vs the 43, then he might make a lot of sense. NTs are important in a 34 but not first round important IMO. If we're going to gravitate more twords 34 then I'm not in favor of taking a NT with a 1st round pick. If we're going to do half and half, then this is definatly a guy I would consider.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
None for me, but if I had to choose, I would say Ngata.