Who would you take if you had the first pick?

Derinyar

Reaction score
I'd be pulled between Ferguson and Leinart. I'd probably end up going with Ferguson as hes, in my opinion, the best player in this draft.

kartr

Reaction score
I would take Brodrick Bunkley to complete the defensive line. Other than Glover, we don't have a pass rushing DT. This guy is a monster and could make plays in the opponents backfield and keep opposing qb's from stepping up in the pocket. Spears is a run stopper,not a pass rusher and I don't believe our defense can truly dominate until we have that force in the middle.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
If I had to pick I would take Matt Lienert, easily, though I like Young Lienert is the best right now!

Q_the_man

Reaction score
u shoulda pick trade down though, I would trade down but MATT is the man regardless

dwmyers

Reaction score
Reggie Bush, and get a couple linemen with the next 2 picks. Then I'd run my competitors to death ;).

wick

Reaction score
Ferguson. Tackles have the longest projected shelf life and are generally very easy to grade, making them safe picks. Ferguson is considered maybe the best tackle talent since Walter Jones and it's a position of extreme need. He's as close to a can't-miss guy as there is in this draft.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Vince Young

A bigger and better version of Randall Cunningham. Everybody criticizes Cunningham now, but in his prime he was lethal and was feared by every team who faced him.

Young brings that kind of talent/ability to the table X 5!!

Reaction score
I take Leinart. I have gotten tired of seeing him dominate over the last three years at USC. So, to remedy that, I take him on my team. We need a QB for the next 10-15 and his upside is way above what we have today. My close second would be D'Brick. I do think D'Brick is the best player in this draft, but to me . . . if you have the chance to take a franchise QB, you don't think about it - you take 'em.

StarHead69

Reaction score
Vince Young hands down

He is an awesome physical specimen who will can buy soooo much time with his feet, and will force defenses to keep one or two "spies" on him. If I were an O.C. I would be giddy about the all the ways I could use this kid to give nightmares to opposing defenses.:cool: