Whoever losses next week. their season is over!

Wood

Reaction score
I don' t think Eli or Dak are good enough to get their team out of 0-2 hole. I say take gloves off in this game and do few things differently:

1) Go to 4 WR sets - spread offense. Its harder to stack box against spread offense. This idea of 2 TE sets with worst group of TE in football is simply incompetent.

2). Play Rico Gathers. I am bit over all the hype he gets but honestly, I didn't see single mismatch on offense yesterday. One thing Rico does bring is mis-match potential. Throw him in there & see if he comes up with chunk plays.

3. Throw downfield. I don't care that Dak doesn't throw good deep ball. Throw it anyway. One comment Panthers coaches made after game was they were surprised how Dallas didn't even attempt to challenge them vertically. They knew they were gonna shut Zeke down but they didn't know what would happen if Dallas challenged them down field. If you don't attempt it then its 100% certain it won't work. Dallas needs to put things on tape or this crowding the box will get even worse.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The lack of any attempt at a vertical passing game frustrated me. It struck me as playing not to lose rather than playing to win. I understand and agree that taking care of the ball is important, but there is a point that the effort to play it safe can completely handcuff the offense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then might we say this is a (wait for it, wait, wait) MUST WIN game? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That is cyber maniacal laughter.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Then might we say this is a (wait for it, wait, wait) MUST WIN game? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That is cyber maniacal laughter.

It sure is, hard to recover from starting a season 0-2, especially with both losses in-conference and 1 against the division. I trust first year HC Pat Shurmur more than I trust Jason Garrett.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I agree, especially points 2 and 3. Rico has been around long enough that he is only going to get better by actually playing. If you can’t trust him to do that competently in at least certain game situations then let him go. And some of the WRs you brought in were designed to stretch the field. So take advantage of their speed and take some shots downfield. Carolina was playing their secondary pretty aggressively at times yesterday so it’s mind boggling why they didn’t try something designed to go long.

jay94

Reaction score

10.8% of teams make the playoffs after starting 0-2, it's a pretty telling statistic.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I think the Giants have a better chance to emerge from an 0-2 start than the Cowboys. They will sort out their OL problems, and the unit will get better and better each week. They won't resemble anything dominant, but they will hold up well enough to allow Eli to be productive given teams will have to respect the weapons at his disposal. Their defense is a pretty good unit.