Who's going to be our best corner in the long run?

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
My pick is Byron Jones. I think both will end up as pro bowlers, but jones will be all pro worthy for the next few years.

Also, join my espn fantasy league. The crucible2018

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My pick is Byron Jones. I think both will end up as pro bowlers, but jones will be all pro worthy for the next few years.

Also, join my espn fantasy league. The crucible2018

I have high expectations from Byron Jones in the Kris Richard coverage scheme.

I think Jones will be best against big WRs.

Awuzie likely gets more INTs.

The biggest question is who wins the #3 CB spot?

Many fans dislike Brown but he does some things really well.

Fans love Lewis but the style he played in college would only work if the defense is designed around it.

jay94

Reaction score
I have zero expectations of Byron Jones because he is an all pro every year coming out of the camp, if anything it says how predictable our offense is, he is a smart and one of the most athletic guys on the team.

kskboys

Reaction score
If Byron Jones becomes a stud CB, I will gladly take my paddlings for being wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Many fans dislike Brown but he does some things really well.
Brown kinda reminds me of Asante Samuel. He'll make a bunch of big plays but a byproduct of cheating for them means he will get beat from time to time.

Having said that, I think Awuzie will be the best corner. I don't trust Byron to keep his confidence up all year.

kskboys

Reaction score
Brown kinda reminds me of Asante Samuel. He'll make a bunch of big plays but a byproduct of cheating for them means he will get beat from time to time.

Having said that, I think Awuzie will be the best corner. I don't trust Byron to keep his confidence up all year.
I don't trust Byron to be able to mirror receivers and I don't think he has the instincts to be topflight.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The best spot in all of football for Byron Jones is playing CB in the Kris Richard scheme.

It fits his style and his physical ability perfectly.

They played Jones at Strong Safety much of last season. Jones at SS behind a Marinelli small/quick gap shooting, pass rush first DLine was the worst spot in all of football for him.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Chido will be All Pro/Revis 2.0. Jones will be just Pro Bowl. Awuzie will soon be the kind of CB that makes QBs not look in that direction. We'll get beat a lot in the middle because our slot CBs aren't very good and safeties aren't elite enough to save them.