who's to blame?

mmillman

Reaction score
Romo for his choking under pressure again?
Reeves for his penalty that allowed NY to score in 50 seconds before half?
The OL who repeatedly earned untimely penalties?
The OL who couldn't give Romo time in the fourth quarter?
The play calling that didn't adapt to the fact that NY was keying on Barber?
Williams who can't cover?
Phillips who had a team that couldn't play prevent defense or create one turnover?
Phillips who coached a team that didn't have a clue to what a hurry up offense should look like?
Phillips who caused Dallas to spend two valuable timeouts?
Special teams that repeatedly gave NY good field position?

The blame to me falls on Phillips who didn't have his team wired tight for this game but there was a lot of blame to spread around!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Phillips - Poor tackling, Mental mistakes, dumb penalties
Special Teams
Crayton - drops, stopping his route on the last drive
Oline was awful in the 4th quarter
Reeves
Garrett - Why are we running on 2nd down and 2 with 1 minute left? Stupid play call. No adjustments in the 2nd half.

mmillman

Reaction score
forgot Crayton's drops. That third down drop across the middle really hurt almost as bad as Reeve's penalty.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I'll just leave it at the coaching staff's feet for changing the game-plan from what has worked all year long and for not attacking the Giants weakness....their secondary.

I think everyone saw today why we need more than just Barber in the backfield. He looked tired in the second half....his blocks were getting worse as the game went on as well.

yesfan

Reaction score
The coaching,play calling.Abandoned the running game in the second
half and putting zero pressure on Eli on that last drive in the first half.
There were plenty of mistakes and penalties,but Wades' defensive master
plan was nowhere to be found.

jumanji

Reaction score
romo didn't play great, but he didn't play bad either. the defense played bad and crayton played like crap.

i don't think we threw downfield enough either.

WarC

Reaction score
Crayton dropping that pass over the middle was the difference between 14-24 and 21-17. I said that same thing immediately after it happened, and it held true. Brandon Jacobs then took the punt return back into Cowboys territory - Giving Crayton a lesson in playmaking. G'ints score, game over right there - We just got to enjoy the smell for the remainder of the half.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
mmillman;1900391 said:
Phillips who had a team that couldn't play prevent defense or create one turnover?
Phillips who coached a team that didn't have a clue to what a hurry up offense should look like?

The blame to me falls on Phillips who didn't have his team wired tight for this game but there was a lot of blame to spread around!

Quarterbacks always get the blame it's the nature of the business. This will be no different look forward to start hearing Romo's name being thrown in with guys like Jim Everett.Mike Tomzack,Bobby Hebert & a whole list of others who had tremendous regular seasons but when the playoffs rolled around were absolute chokers.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
mmillman;1900391 said:

who's to blame?

the dallas cowboys.

kbman

Reaction score
mmillman;1900391 said:

Mr relaxed Wade Phillips should take the brunt of it.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
There were many things to blame all over the board today. Crayton gave up game changing plays, tons of penalties, defense not playing good at first, then later our offense not doing anything offensively toward the end.

sillycon

Reaction score
The blame can be spread throughout the team from offense to defense and right on through to the coaching staff... If I want to point at a huge factor, the key was the offensive line getting killed in the 2nd half. I don't know why all of a sudden the Giants just got consistent pressure on Romo. Pass blocking is supposed to be a strength for this o-line. Instead, the Giants got pressure after pressure on Romo causing him to get frazzled and making poor throws/decisions. You'd think the o-line should have an advantage in the 2nd half. But there it was, wave after wave of pressure from the Giants with no sign of wavering...