Whuzzup with the oline? Looney at RG?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looney at RG. Was Martin out? Did they move him to RT?

What was going on with the oline? I was streaming and missed some plays, but never heard them talk about it.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
Sounds like Steele was just getting beat badly, and they decided to make some changes. If he was hurt, I sure didnt hear about it during the game.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Sounds like Steele was just getting beat badly, and they decided to make some changes. If he was hurt, I sure didnt hear about it during the game.

steele needed an iv in the drive before the half, the dak int.

When they came out of the half steele started at right tackle again and Dak fumbled on that drive.

then martin kicked out to right tackle and looney to right guard. Whether he was benched because something was up with him and that is why he needed the iv or he was just benched for poor performance we dont know yet.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Steele was benched. Martin went to RT and Looney went to RG. Biadisz was at center. A change that would have never happened under Garrett. Kudos for the change.

Exactly! Garrett would have just clapped and called it a learning process.

We can win with Knight, but when we have to roll with Knight and Steele, we are in trouble. Need to get Smith and Collins back.
I am curious to see how Biadisz played. Maybe when Smith and Collins are back, he can push Looney to the bench or LG.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

When they came out of the half steele started at right tackle again and Dak fumbled on that drive.

then martin kicked out to right tackle and looney to right guard. Whether he was benched because something was up with him and that is why he needed the iv or he was just benched for poor performance we dont know yet.

Thanks.

The little I watched of Biadasz was encouraging. That we could have a drive at all with Martin at RT, and the oline Knight, Williams, Biadasz, and Looney is impressive.

Of the last 4, Williams looks the worst to me. Get Tyron and Collins healthy, move Knight to LG, Williams can fight Biadasz as our 1st interior backup. Or maybe Williams can fight Looney for 1st interior backup and let Biadasz play C.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Reason doesn't matter. Pass protection was outstanding after that. We'll likely see Zack starting at RT next week.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Looney at RG. Was Martin out? Did they move him to RT?

What was going on with the oline? I was streaming and missed some plays, but never heard them talk about it.

Steele was benched. Looney earlier in the game got hurt and Biadasz replaced him. When Steele got benched, Martin slid to RT and Looney came back and played RG.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Steele was benched. Looney earlier in the game got hurt and Biadasz replaced him. When Steele got benched, Martin slid to RT and Looney came back and played RG.

he had to leave the game for an IV first. the int before the half. Martin was at RT then.

so it is not clear if steele was just not able to get back in or not. he only played one more play after the iv.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Steele was benched. Martin went to RT and Looney went to RG. Biadisz was at center. A change that would have never happened under Garrett. Kudos for the change.

Yeah, Kudos for a sack at the end of the game and then another sack which turned into a game ending pick.

Bravo!

TheHerd

Reaction score
They need to leave it like that and move Collins to LG when he's in shape. Williams is a train wreck.