Why all the get (insert name) WR threads?

Venger

Reaction score
How, having witnessed this stumblebum of an 8-8 season, can anyone really think that upgrading the WR corps is even in the top 10 tasks to accomplish to achieve franchise excellence?

Money and effort put into improving what I believe is a pretty talented receiving group - toss in Witten and it's definitely in the top 1/4 of the league in passcatchers - is money and effort put into fixing what isn't broken.

Desean Jackson? Really, talk about him should only be allowed if you are setting up a fantasy roster. It may not be sexy to talk about those new offensive guards you need, but that is what we need.

The only WR action we need to concern ourselves with is signing Laurent Robinson to a solid but not overpaid contract - that should be our objective, an affordable third receiver who produced for us, not pie in the sky.

Give me our WR corps now, and you have a solid trio who - yes, could be better, Dez needs to mature, Miles needs to learn to catch again - but three clones of Jerry Rice will not help when Romo is on his back with a catcher's mitt for a throwing hand having to make up a 20 point deficit because the defense couldn't knock Stevie Wonder off a tightrope.

WR talk - I am afraid I don't get it.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Venger;4356815 said:
How, having witnessed this stumblebum of an 8-8 season, can anyone really think that upgrading the WR corps is even in the top 10 tasks to accomplish to achieve franchise excellence?

Money and effort put into improving what I believe is a pretty talented receiving group - toss in Witten and it's definitely in the top 1/4 of the league in passcatchers - is money and effort put into fixing what isn't broken.

Desean Jackson? Really, talk about him should only be allowed if you are setting up a fantasy roster. It may not be sexy to talk about those new offensive guards you need, but that is what we need.

The only WR action we need to concern ourselves with is signing Laurent Robinson to a solid but not overpaid contract - that should be our objective, an affordable third receiver who produced for us, not pie in the sky.

Give me our WR corps now, and you have a solid trio who - yes, could be better, Dez needs to mature, Miles needs to learn to catch again - but three clones of Jerry Rice will not help when Romo is on his back with a catcher's mitt for a throwing hand having to make up a 20 point deficit because the defense couldn't knock Stevie Wonder off a tightrope.

no, you do get it ..its ridiculous, madden, fantasy football way of thinking ....i suggest when reading such threads take note who the OP is and ignore any future football opinions he or she may have

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
We have to many skill players......some can't even get on the field enough.

The last thing we need is another ****ing skill player!!!!

I would trade a WR before we sign another one.....seriously guys there can only be 11 GUYS ON THE FIELD!!!

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Venger;4356815 said:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Venger

Reaction score
phildominator;4356906 said:
...and the new WR needs at least Catching Ability of 92+

I don't get this joke - but something tells me it's funny.

SWG9

Reaction score
I can just see Jerry Jones logging onto CZ, seeing a DeSean Jackson thread, and then slowly nodding and smiling to himself while he tries to come up with the parameters of a contract.

BubbleScreen

Reaction score
Venger;4356815 said:

Hey, the WR is the guy that takes the ball over the goal line. The guy who can score from anywhere at any time with the right QB and right play call.

All that hiking, reading the defense and blocking stuff doesn't matter. If Garrett would just call a good play and Romo would get his head straight and Jerry would trade his next six drafts for Justin Blackmon, we win it all next year.

:lmao2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Venger;4356815 said:
Why all the get (insert name) WR threads?
Answer: selective involuntary visual disassociation.

At the moment the football is snapped during pass plays for some, personal attention to detail involving the quarterback, running back, offensive and defensive linemen lessens. Focus is elevated upon the activity of wide receivers, defensive backs and sometimes linebackers and safeties.

In short, some only see and acknowledge what happens after a wide receiver or tight end does with the ball after catching the football. A disappropriate amount of a successful pass play is applied to whomever catches the ball--especially when a dynamic wide receiver such as DeSean Jackson converts the reception into a significant run after the catch.

Thus, if one were to insert Receiver A into Team Offense B, it will automatically be an assumed good fit. Any personal thought about the failure of getting the football into the receiver hands is rarely taken into account or even considered and is usually labeled as simply the quarterback's fault.

This is one of those examples that I do not lay at the feet of video games. It was a problem long before John Madden games were invented and will continue to be one.