Why are dad jokes inevitable?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Hey fellow Cowboy nation,

so I'm still relatively new to the whole dad thing (one 3 year old boy and one 6 months old) and there are many parental things I swore to never do. For example dad jokes.

So now my wife yesterday told me, that I'm constantly doing dad jokes. The big one cracks up every time so of course I think I'm the greatest comedian. But I started to notice the eye rolls I get from my wife.

So are the days of being cool are now gone once and for all? Will I soon wear stupid hats and trousers, mow the lawn Saturday at 11 and hand my balls over to my wife's purse?

Or is this just the first sign of a midlife crisis? :omg::flagwave:

I think I'll have to pay the local Porsche dealer a visit now.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No worries, as long as you know your audience. Dad jokes for the kids, more cerebral jokes for the adults.

nobody

Reaction score
Hey fellow Cowboy nation,

so I'm still relatively new to the whole dad thing (one 3 year old boy and one 6 months old) and there are many parental things I swore to never do. For example dad jokes.

So now my wife yesterday told me, that I'm constantly doing dad jokes. The big one cracks up every time so of course I think I'm the greatest comedian. But I started to notice the eye rolls I get from my wife.

So are the days of being cool are now gone once and for all? Will I soon wear stupid hats and trousers, mow the lawn Saturday at 11 and hand my balls over to my wife's purse?

Or is this just the first sign of a midlife crisis? :omg::flagwave:

I think I'll have to pay the local Porsche dealer a visit now.

It's simple, dad jokes make our kids laugh and that makes it all worth it. There are few more rewarding and wondrous sounds than your child's laugh.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Dad jokes are amazing. Here's a few:

1. What is a pirate's favorite letter?

..it used to be R, but he loves the C.

2. When my grandma turned 80, she started walking 5 miles a day.

...we have no clue where she went.

3. How does a moon cut his hair?

...eclipse it.