Why are people saying Folk's first attempt was blocked?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I keep reading that the Cards tried to ice Folk and shouldn't have since Folk's first kick got blocked, but it seemed apparent to me that Folk heard the whistle and just sort pulled up on it instead of following through. Am I wrong?

Knauftd

Reaction score
I thought the same thing...doubt it would have been blocked had the whistle not blown.

superpunk

Reaction score
He didn't follow through the kick at all. It wasn't blocked - Folk didn't kick it. He just wanted to semi-go through the motions.

I thought that was idiotic of Stockton, too - but from the box it probably looked like Folk kicked it and he might not have heard the whistle. But if you contrast Folk's real kicking motion with what happened on that play, it's obvious he wasn't kicking the ball for real.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
TheCount;2333099 said:
I keep reading that the Cards tried to ice Folk and shouldn't have since Folk's first kick got blocked, but it seemed apparent to me that Folk heard the whistle and just sort pulled up on it instead of following through. Am I wrong?

Nope that's exactly how it looked to me as well.

Kevlee06

Reaction score
Being a former kicker I recognized from the get go that he pulled up. So did half the line.

kevin11

Reaction score
yea. The cowboy players knew it was over before the cardinals.

But, ESPN sucks so what do you expect.

MrMom

Reaction score
TheCount;2333099 said:

It's very annoying. I've read writeups and even posters here stating this is one of the many bullets we dodged to even to have been able to compete in this game. It was obvious that he pulled up. I can attribute senility as to why Dick Stockton didn't catch it, but what was Aikman's excuse?

vdancer

Reaction score
From the stands...unable to hear whistles and what not...

It was hard to tell what was going on..It looked blocked. Didn't matter one bit though since there was a rekick.

Spectre

Reaction score
TheCount;2333099 said:
I saw/said the same thing when it happened last night.